Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power trip cop

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 04:11 PM
BRO
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: power trip cop

I think his whole message of respect to the kid was destroyed in his delivery. He wants the kid to understand that he respresents authority and is a person whom has earned the right simply by possessing the position of a policeman; to be respected. I think that is a good message but he is not the teacher for the job. He failed in his approach to where any responsible manager/supervisor would repremand him and provide additional training to better equip him for futrure encounters with American youth that do not appear to be gang-bangers. Gang bangers require a wholedifferant approach andhe isstill not the trainedofficier for that encounter either.

When he attacked the kid, he crossed the line from an action that would require an employee reprimand to an action that would require an assaultcharge. He went from and uneducated policemen that could become a viable cop on the beat if he could comprehend the reprimand that he should recieve, make adjustments and was successfulwitha well planned out training curriculum. Instead, he forgot he was representing us as a cop and became a thug, he should never were the blue again because of the criminal status he should have. I'm not suggesting jail, probation would be fine, but something should happen.

There is two real questions that the officier and all of us need to answer. 1)Howdo you want your child to be treated and howwould he want his children treated.I think us rational parents know the answer to that question. and 2) Woud he (the officier) if called to a scene of a crime, would he arrest a citizen that put his hands on another citizen the he did do that kid. Now I am not a cop, but I think if a complaint was filed, the person that made the contact would go to jail.If this is the case, then he is no better then you or myself and he should go to jail, just like I think we would.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:40 PM
mdtpr
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come on guys, this is a HARLEY FORUM, not Judge Wapners wannabe jurors. I think the couped up winter blahs has you all wanting something to talk about, kinda like what the media does to get a juicy story.
I was not defending the cop on my first post back on page one but then some a$$hole had to belittle me and say I needed my donuts??? I eat bagels by the way. I'm sure it is people like him that lets me keep my job by breaking the law and that is fine. Then another guy says the big ego cop has a small dick???? I guess he came out of the closet if he was that up close and personal with him?

I never saw the WHOLE tape and what happended even before the camera came on soI will never know the whole story nor do I care. My point is, if the cop did wrong then the kid will get his settlement, spend it on drugs, guns, sex, womenand rock and roll and lead a lawless life. The cop will be fired and will go postal on the jury that convicted him and be sentenced to an insane asylum for eternity.

I JUST WANT TO KEEP LEARNING ABOUT EVERYONES HARLEY EXPERIENCES, PROBLEMS ANDACCESSORIESWHETHER THEY BE BAD OR GOOD SO WE CAN MAKE OUR CHOICES IF WE WANT TO BUY, TRY OR RIDE THAT SAME VIBE.

Keep it Harley PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-14-2008, 04:47 PM
CKinAZ
Road Master

I'll say it again since it seems so many have missed it...

If the stupid kids weren't skating there in the first place, none of this would have happened. They didn't respect the signs/laws, therefore they should not be treated respectfully. A little **** whipping was obviously needed.

And a note to parents who allow this kind of crap... The cop was right in one aspect - if those kids keep acting like that, somebody is gonna kill them (or at least beat the shiite out of them) someday.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:50 PM
rambo1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I blame this all on the city. Maybe if they gave the police officer an Electra Glide or Road King to patrol on instead of a golf cart and a pair of shorts the little snot nosed brats would respect him more!

Old 02-14-2008, 06:22 PM
Duracell
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,659 Likes on 581 Posts

ORIGINAL: BRO

I think his whole message of respect to the kid was destroyed in his delivery. He wants the kid to understand that he respresents authority and is a person whom has earned the right simply by possessing the position of a policeman; to be respected. I think that is a good message but he is not the teacher for the job. He failed in his approach to where any responsible manager/supervisor would repremand him and provide additional training to better equip him for futrure encounters with American youth that do not appear to be gang-bangers. Gang bangers require a wholedifferant approach andhe isstill not the trainedofficier for that encounter either.

When he attacked the kid, he crossed the line from an action that would require an employee reprimand to an action that would require an assaultcharge. He went from and uneducated policemen that could become a viable cop on the beat if he could comprehend the reprimand that he should recieve, make adjustments and was successfulwitha well planned out training curriculum. Instead, he forgot he was representing us as a cop and became a thug, he should never were the blue again because of the criminal status he should have. I'm not suggesting jail, probation would be fine, but something should happen.

There is two real questions that the officier and all of us need to answer. 1)Howdo you want your child to be treated and howwould he want his children treated.I think us rational parents know the answer to that question. and 2) Woud he (the officier) if called to a scene of a crime, would he arrest a citizen that put his hands on another citizen the he did do that kid. Now I am not a cop, but I think if a complaint was filed, the person that made the contact would go to jail.If this is the case, then he is no better then you or myself and he should go to jail, just like I think we would.
Bro,

I hope you don't have children. You like many othershave totally missed the problem here. You can not always protect your children from the world. You can however prepare your children for the world.

The officer, and his actions,are a fact of life.Did the officer over react? Sure, but that's going to happen and you as a parentcan't always be there to protect your children from it. Whatyou can do isteach your children the skills they need to survive situations like this.

No matter what the officers problems may have been that daya simple "yes sir", (which should have been the automatic response of the young man), would have saved him any further problems at that point.

This ishis comment when asked about it later.

"I started calling him 'dude' because I didn't know what else to say," said Bush, who has been skateboarding for four years. "I didn't think of calling him 'sir' or anything.

That is obviouslythe result of Pi$$poor Parenting.

Flame on, I need a beer anyway.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:47 PM
bikergeoff
Road Master

The kid AND the cop were out of line. The kid's parents and the cop should both be embarassed. The difference is the cop DEFINITELY should have known how to conduct himself. My kid is also a skateboarder and has had similar run-ins with local LEO's. When he was brought home for breaking curfew, (his mother and I thought he was spending the night at a friend's) I put the skateboard through my table saw and he didn't leave the house for two weeks, except to mow the lawn. Had the cop put his hands on my boy, I would've had a problem, but he was very professional and courteous.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

You're right, this is a Harley forum. This thread should have been published under the "Off Topic" heading. So what, if you don't want to take part in this discussion, don't click the link.

For those that don't think this was a real cop, you are wrong. And for those who think this sort of thing is an isolated incident, you don't know the Baltimore City Police Department at all. Anyone on this forum that lives in the area will attest to the fact that hardly a week goes by where a city officer isn't charged, arrested, fired, tried, convicted or suspended for abusing citizens. Asking Young girls to take their tops off or have sex to get out of tickets, sex in the precinct in exchange for reduced charges, a cadet in the academy selling cocaine after classes, a police chief who spent survivor benefit funds on hookers, Victoria Secret panties for his girlfriends, and trips to NY. Baltimore has one of the most corrupt and mismanaged department in the nation.

Last week an undercover officer was beaten in a sting operation while investigating allegations that an officer was beating people on the street. The suspected officer was dispatched to a report of a man hanging on a corner possibly selling drugs. The suspect officer walked up to the undercover cop and cold cocked him.

I have several relatives who are cops and many cop friends, thankfullynone work for Baltimore City.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:01 PM
rickxx
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

i think the kids set him up...had a history with him....the dumbass took the bait, got filmed, got famous....for the sole reason of startin COP BASHINWEEK here on HDF.....that cop is a putz, probly beats his wife if he has one
probably kicks his dog and doesn't check his tire pressure regularly as well. looks like he knows where to find the donuts though.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:06 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Why is there a frikken law against skate boarding, these a$$wipes and the frikken lawyers that sue for stupid crap are making this a nanny state country, full of people too afraid to have any fun whether its ridiing a skate board or a motorcycle or a swing set at the kiddie park. The cop was a little pissed, the kid should have recognised that and shut his trap. Cop needs to lay off the lattes and stick to gatorade.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:50 PM
BRO
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Duracell, We have three kids, the youngest is 34 and all three are very productive, contributing parents and responsible citizens. Your sumation of the officers actions "a fact of life" is a little off base for a free sociaty in my opinion. The police officer hadparents as well and more importantly, he acts as the intersection of our constitution, and bill of rights. He iswhere the very essence of our freedom faces its greatestchallenge. If it is not done correctly at this step the court systems will follow suit occordinly. Sh#t in, Sh$t out. Without responsible players in those postitions ofauthority than the very foundations that we are suppose to live by are for not. We are not some third world country.

IfI touched you the way he touched that kid I would be arrested and he should not be given more protection form the law then I or you would recieve. ButsomehowIget the impression thatyou think I am anti-police. I can assure you that is not correct.

I fullyunderstand thebeauty of the word "sir"and it would have been better if the kid had answered that way. But he didn't and your norms and my norms may not be his yet, but there is no law against his immature answer to a very matured man. Plus, your notion of the kids parents being **** poor is really an interesting observation based on that one incident. I can image his parents may have the same challenge that my parents had when they heard me say "far out, bitchen or how's your hendrix hanging", I survived and they survived.The world is still controlled by the rational people, so Iassumethe kid and his parents will survive aswell. The facts are adults are suppose tobe more controlledthan kids and both the kid and the cop have parents, now what.