Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power trip cop

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 11:25 AM
SloChicken
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: power trip cop

ORIGINAL: hogdad

There are different "styles" of policing. Like I said earlier his style is not mine. Unless I'm rolling in on a call in progress that (via radio dispatch or other source of information)has already passed the point of on sceneanalysis, I'm not pulling on scenemouth out and hands on/weapons drawn. Yes a lot of calls do end up in an arrest but most requirefact gathering to determine ifprobable cause exsists(the level of proof needed to sustain a criminal complaint), while some are blatant such as a domestic altercation (even with a juvenile)with a physical injury as a result of that dispute-or an Order of Protection Violation- which is a must arrest. ButI can't tell you the number of people I arrested who would have rear cuffed themselves if I gave them the opportunity. I can tell you I never got any prisoner cooperation or mutual respect withthe tactics displayed in the video and I have had frequent fliers aka repeat offenders andvery often alcohol is involved.Yes dealing with juveniles can be trying at times,but unless they are an immenentthreat to you or others a seasoned officer knows how to de-escalate situationsand find the right level of communication where a perception of mutual respect appears to the juvenileseven though the Police Officer is ultimately in charge if need be.

Werd.

+1

Old 02-14-2008, 11:36 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i think the kids set him up...had a history with him....the dumbass took the bait, got filmed, got famous....for the sole reason of startin COP BASHINWEEK here on HDF.....that cop is a putz, probly beats his wife if he has one

Old 02-14-2008, 12:36 PM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First MY belief that all LEA (cops, judges, lawyers, etc)
should be impeccable in all things.
They have to be totally above reproach at all times, to be respected
and believable.
I know the above is not possible, and one bad one makes all look bad.
And because I have seen it so many times, I have very little personal
respect for cops.
If you watch the news and papers you see it time and again.
Bad thing is very seldom do they get caught and if so seldom punished in a meaningful way.

In this video we didn't see what the cop might have seen 10 or 15 seconds earlier.
Very beginning one kid has back to camera and walking away from us.
He is though carrying the skate board.
so it is possible one or both were riding it.
Yes I'm sure they may have violated the local ordinance by riding the board.
But the cop became out of line when he lost his temper and assaulted the kid.
From what we can see, does not appear the kid threw anything at the cop or verbally
threaten him.
Kid could have been more respectful.
But tbottom line the cop went overboard.
The cop definitely showed his underlying personality, that of a bully, and it probably carries
over into home life.
I would guess this probably is not the only time this cop has behaved this way, just happens this one was caught on film.
He should be suspended without pay for 30 days, ordered into counseling, then be closely supervised for a substantial amount of time (without his knowing it).
Happens again he should definitely be prosecuted in court.
Maybe a little time in the iron bar hotel would help change his perspective. But then again most likely not.
Cell phones with cameras and other digital recordings are a blessing for citizens.
They can capture the moment and what really happened.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:49 PM
twincam47
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

If that 14 year old kid was told once not to sit on YOUR motorcycle.....and then he did it again, You would probably be still beatin the crap out of him.....

Or would you ask him please dont do that for the 3rd or 4th time

Or go find his parents and tell them????????????

Now who we gonna bash now?

Old 02-14-2008, 01:12 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

That's totally different, twincam.

You can thank the era of portable video cameras, and a press/public that strives on sensationalism for most of what you see on the news these days.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's the follow up story with the kids side of the incident. Still looks like a couple of 14 and 15 year olds had better control of the situation than the cop did.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/loc...,2584690.story

Old 02-14-2008, 02:19 PM
twincam47
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

That's totally different, twincam.

You can thank the era of portable video cameras, and a press/public that strives on sensationalism for most of what you see on the news these days.
AMEN......and there sure looks like alot of those HONOR STUDENTS in junior high and high school are making the news these days for all the wrong reasons.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Bushy
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

A I don;t think he was a true officer representing Baltimore, possibly a school cop,B I think he was Farver from Supertoopers
JMO

Old 02-14-2008, 02:30 PM
twincam47
Road Captain

Taken from the paper......think there was a little taunting going on??????looks like they were just waiting for the right time....wanted to be famous on u-tube

"Santo said he sometimes uses a camcorder to tape his friends' conflicts with police because they find humor in getting yelled at by officers. But Santo added that shortly after they are told to leave, he and his friends leave, and that they were in the process of doing so at the harbor last summer.

"I was like, I can't believe I'm getting this on film," Santo said."

Old 02-14-2008, 03:14 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,871 Likes on 9,333 Posts

The whole issue of cops that go over the line bring to mind a related factor here. The LEOs tend to work on the assumption that they have seen it before and have a pretty good idea if the guy they're dealing with is lying or telling the truth. Now with that kind of insite, wouldn't ya think that the department they work in would have that same kind of insite to the LEOs likelyhood of going over the line?