Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power trip cop

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 08:29 PM
HSdropout
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: power trip cop

scared straight....NOT!

Old 02-13-2008, 08:31 PM
TnGlider
Novice

[/quote]

. Its so stupid that some people say the kid was "choked or choked slammed" If that kid was choke slammed on the concrete he would be paralyzed.
[/quote]

So your saying it has to go to that extreme for it to be the cops fault?

Go back to watching the WWE, we are having a real discussion here

Old 02-13-2008, 08:32 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now you want to debate the degree of the assult. If you touch anyone without cause its called assult. If that **** poor cop did the same thing to your wife would you be standing up for his right to do that? I agree on the kid being a bitch *** punk but the fact is he had no reason to put his hands on the kid and slam him on the ground. He had a bad day? Do you go home and beat your family and say sorry i had a bad day?

Old 02-13-2008, 08:38 PM
pop1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: captjon37

Now you want to debate the degree of the assult. If you touch anyone without cause its called assult. If that **** poor cop did the same thing to your wife would you be standing up for his right to do that? I agree on the kid being a bitch *** punk but the fact is he had no reason to put his hands on the kid and slam him on the ground. He had a bad day? Do you go home and beat your family and say sorry i had a bad day?
I am asking you what the cop should have done after the kid didn't give him the skateboard whats your answer? Not tryin to be a ***** just want to know what you would have done differently. I know the cop overreacted but if your a parent what would be an acceptable solution to this situation in your opinion.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:41 PM
hogdad
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

There are different "styles" of policing. Like I said earlier his style is not mine. Unless I'm rolling in on a call in progress that (via radio dispatch or other source of information)has already passed the point of on sceneanalysis, I'm not pulling on scenemouth out and hands on/weapons drawn. Yes a lot of calls do end up in an arrest but most requirefact gathering to determine ifprobable cause exsists(the level of proof needed to sustain a criminal complaint), while some are blatant such as a domestic altercation (even with a juvenile)with a physical injury as a result of that dispute-or an Order of Protection Violation- which is a must arrest. ButI can't tell you the number of people I arrested who would have rear cuffed themselves if I gave them the opportunity. I can tell you I never got any prisoner cooperation or mutual respect withthe tactics displayed in the video and I have had frequent fliers aka repeat offenders andvery often alcohol is involved.Yes dealing with juveniles can be trying at times,but unless they are an immenentthreat to you or others a seasoned officer knows how to de-escalate situationsand find the right level of communication where a perception of mutual respect appears to the juvenileseven though the Police Officer is ultimately in charge if need be.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:41 PM
JW
Road Captain

listening to the video, it doesnt sound like the kid was being a smartass, a lil attitude maybe, but all I heard him say was he didnt hear the officer because his I pod was playing, the cop just lost it. Granted, the kids were probably breaking the law, but would the officer do the same thing to an adult that had a stereo blasting in his car if he pulled them over for a minor traffic violation? I seriously doubt it.

I do have a question for any LEO's out there. No hidden agenda. If an officer tells you to do something like say you are holding a bottle of water and they walk up to you and say put that down, are you required by law to do so? I understand the step outta the car kinda thing, as it's a safety issue for the officer not getting creamed by a rubber necker running over him/her.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:43 PM
BuckeyeHD
Tourer

I thought the kid was being 14. The kid was trying to back out of stepping in it and the cop didn't have the sense or experience with juvies to relize that. Let's see, been on the force 17 yrs and is pulling electric car duty in the inner harbor area dressed like a refugee from a Nikelodeon street party. Hmm, way to go Dirty Harry. Do ya feel lucky punk? His car is not all that's little, that's what's really pissing him off.

ORIGINAL: hoz88

ORIGINAL: roxnatwist

That guy is awesome! I'm sure he gets tired of putting up with punk kids all day. If we had more like him, kids might actually have some respect for authority!

If the kid was lipping off to him I would agree totally, but as far as I could tell, the kid was being pretty decent. This cop must have been pissed because he had such a little car!!!

Old 02-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Andy Engemann
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Wecroft

ORIGINAL: mdtpr

Is this forum a f#ckin cop bashin site or a harley site?? If you hate this cop get on another forum...maybe the Baltimore City Police one would be a good start. You all hate us until YOU have a problem then we are the best, unless of course we lock your a$$ up for being a moron too! lol
19 posts and laying down the law.The cop did the bashing, orare you looking at a different video?

I have noticed that quite a few people tend to discredit those with a low post count. I'm not sure I understand that. Is intelligence somehow correlated to the number of posts? Is your opinion only valid with a high post count? Whether a person has a lot of posts really shouldn't matter when expressing their opinion.

I am a LEO and the Officer in the video certainly appears way out of control to me, however, I don't know what happened before the video began. This makes me wonder if these kids hada long history with this officer over skateboarding downtown. It was certainly convenient to be filming the event from the start. Kind of like they were expecting trouble?

I don't know all the facts in this matter.

Andy

Old 02-13-2008, 08:51 PM
hogdad
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

By the way laws and statutes vary from State to State but I can tell you the PA Crimes codedefinition of Harassment is basically, Strikes, shoves, kicks or otherwise subjects an individual to unwanted physical contact.- Usually a Summary(on scene ticket with verifiable in state ID)

Simple Assault- Physical contact and and injury (Misd)

Aggravated Assault- Physical contact and Serious physical injury or threaten to do same.(high grade Misd and felony)

These have many subsections to further specify the probable causebut my point is NO I doubt that videowas Assault in any State that I can think of.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Branded
Road Master

I'm not a DUDE!! I'm officer A$$HOLE with a little ***** and a big EGO that is now UNEMPLOYED!!

LOL

Takes all kinds