Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Beads for tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 01:36 AM
hispeed
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed 4oz of these in my truck tires and got tired of it after the first 15 mins and my arms going to sleep.

HINT:
Take an engraver and turn it on against the side of the tube the beads are going down or against the side of the valve stem itself. This will keep them from clogging the valve stem and speed the process. An extra pair of hands will make it easier but it's do-able by yourself with patience. Even with this technique it took me over 2 hours to fill all four tires on my truck (20" wheels don't balance too easy in all cases)

Don't get the stems they sale. They are special ones that won't get clogged by the beads but 2 of my four started leaking after a few months. Stick with standard stems and you'll be fine.

Give this a try... I'll be ordering my DynaBeads before I mount my tires and will pour them in before I set the bead... much easier!!!

Old 01-24-2010, 03:02 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hispeed

Give this a try... I'll be ordering my DynaBeads before I mount my tires and will pour them in before I set the bead... much easier!!!
Make sure you mount the tire DRY or the beads will clump. Any soapy water or grease inside will trap the beads and cause a problem.

I added mine this way and was very careful to insure a dry condition. The beads work GREAT..

Old 01-24-2010, 06:06 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can cut the corner of the bag off and drop it in before you seat the tire but i was concerned about any beads getting caught between the tire and rim. I just used the dyna bead install kit which is just a small plastic bottle and a short piece of clear plastic tube that fits over the valve stem. You must take your time as the stem gets clogged quick but you just back fill the bottle and thump the stem with your finger and it will clear. I kept a steady single string flowing into the tire. It's slow but worth the time. I got mine at whitehorse gear. Was the best price at the time. I did find that a blast of air in the tire was needed to clear any beads caught in the stem before I checked the pressure. I find that a very small price to pay for such a sweet product. I had a bead get caught in the stem one time out of ten that I checked the tire pressure.

Last edited by captjon37; 01-24-2010 at 06:12 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:19 AM
Scooter-Dog
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've ben using dynabeads for a while now. I've been able to get more miles out of a set of tires.