Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Leo's active and retired

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 02:43 PM
Bushy
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Any Leo's active and retired

Just trying to get a feel of what others do when it comes to riding, a what and b where
If you ride for your Dept what do you ride off duty?
Just a inquiring mind from NYPD HWY PATROL Retired
Thanks
Bushy

[IMG]local://upfiles/7257/A34A27F55CCB41BA87CF0D37DA1D3B3D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-21-2006, 03:14 PM
MiniMe
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any Leo's active and retired

I am a Detective with the St. Joseph County Police Department, South Bend, Indiana.

Old 01-21-2006, 07:35 PM
Retired_Ted
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ride with a retired M/C policeman who was head of the M/C police in Baltimore, MD., many years ago. His nickname is Nick, btw. A wonderful person - we have a great time.

Old 01-21-2006, 10:02 PM
HogHal
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

You might want to check into the Blue Knights. The local group are a GREAT bunch of people, I did a website for them and got to know them pretty well. I'm sure you would find the same in NY.

International organization: http://www.blueknights.org/

Northern California: http://www.bkca1.org/

Old 01-21-2006, 10:41 PM
blueknight
Advanced

I presently work for sheriff's dept., in Massachusetts, three years to go for retirement, then out with 25 yrs. Currently ride FLHTCI(2005) Electraglide. Also member or Blueknights Ma. Chapter 1. Look-up N.Y. Chapter2, good people, went to their Suicide Runlast August, great sights and all BK's took care of brothers and sisters from all over. Dealt with regular and auxillary Highway patrol officers, cannot give enough praise for job they did. Any further info on BKs, check website, saying among BKs, There are no stragers, just people we havent met yet. Ride with Pride.

Old 01-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Devil Dog
Tourer

Currently in my 12th year with a Sheriff's Dept. Retired USMC. Semper Fi.

Old 01-21-2006, 11:23 PM
KansasHog
Road Captain

Currently a first term Sheriff in Kansas. Been an LEO for 14 yrs. Just help organize our new Blue Knights Chapter. Any hints form fellow Blue Knights are welcome!

Old 01-22-2006, 12:39 AM
Bushy
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I didn;t know if this was the place to say but now I do.I posted a question in reqards to what your all doing with your rides and the answers are great!!! Both the working and retired guys and girls give me hope that what I have is not fatal, I ride a FLTHCUI POS dark Blue. I have all the Police officer covers and a Peace officer Shifter rod. I am trying to do a special memorial to Freinds and Co worker lost in 911. I currently have my fuel door engraved with my shield and the Twin Towers in the background so I never forget what they stood for. I plan on having my tour pack lid air brushed with a scene that is etched in my memory. Just trying to get the right guy with the right frame of mind locally.
As the say in the Blue Knights, Ride With Pride .

[IMG]local://upfiles/7257/01C0C64810964409969E25282F046A1C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-22-2006, 03:14 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Hey Bushy,

First off, welcome to the forum. It was great to hear from you the other day by email. Like I told you then, I've worked for my Sheriff's Dept. for 24 years. I may be retiring very soon and hope to be working at my local Harley Dealer before the warm weather hits. I'm just done with all the crap associated with dealing with what all LEOs have to deal with. I would like to enjoy myself and lose all the politics that are associated with the job also.

I belong to Blue Knights Illinois IV. We are an active chapter with some great people involved. I'm also very involved with my local HOG Chapter. Keeps me busy in the warm months.

In reference to the job. We do not have a motor patrol. We had one bike for a couple years but the admin. just didn't utilize it the way it should have been so it was discontinued. It's hard to justify a fleet of harleys in Illinois with the type of winters we have.

As you have seen by the posts on this thread there a quite a few of us LEOs here on the forum. I have noticed more and more cops riding harleys since I started in this profession. Cops need something to help unwind. Harleys are the perfect answer.

Keep in touch,

Terry

Old 01-22-2006, 08:39 AM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Captain, New York State Police. 27 years. Ride an 05 Road King Classic with no LE insignia.

I spent two years in the late 80's in the DEA drug task force in NYC, working with NYPD Detectives and Officers. It was a great experience with a bunch of great guys.

Our job has a small motor detail that we use for parades, funerals and the like.

A detail of my people were the first grey uniforms at the WTC, arriving in the late afternoon of 911. We stood with all of you on the streets of Manhattan that day and for a long time thereafter. We will never forget.

Quick Reply: Any Leo's active and retired