Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is your personal experience with Thundermax autotune EFI controler

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 09:12 AM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Default What is your personal experience with Thundermax autotune EFI controler

Trying to get a real opinion....Posts are usually made when advise is needed due to issues and not so often for simple praise. If you own a thundermax with the autotune capability, what is your experience.

Adam

Old 02-12-2008, 10:47 AM
mllkn6
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is your personal experience with Thundermax autotune EFI controler

Adam,
Put one on a few months back, best money I've spent so far. It's been great, right out of the box no problems what so ever, working like it should, I've made no changes to it so far as it has run so much better I haven't felt I needed any at this time. I problem will start playing around with it more when the weather warms up more to put more miles on it, till then I'll let her be. By my seat of the pants dyno it added performance and better throttle response, start up are first time every time. If I need to go to my dealer I just pull it out and put the ECM back in, 10 minutes tops. Expensive but well worth it for me, now I can add motor work as I want to without having to dyno all the time. I'm not a numbers guy, I can tell if it runs better or not, that's what matters to me.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:53 AM
modes
Road Master
Default RE: What is your personal experience with Thundermax autotune EFI controler

Thats what I hope to have happen to me if/when I purchase a tmax. Looking to see how often that really happens. I do not plan any more engine mods, but like the option of a potential exhaust change without needing dyno time because that taste wil always change. Thanks for the info.

Adam

Old 02-12-2008, 11:50 AM
rkcrwlr
Tourer

Voted no issues, bike runs great. The TMax has worked extremely well for me. I had pinging at high altitude (above 7000 ft) and poor throttle response. I like to wrench myself so add-ons come about in pieces. With the Tmax, no more pinging, great throttle and I can change out parts as I see fit. Maybe not for everyone, but its been great for me.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:47 PM
atillman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bike runs great but I've only got about 300 miles on it with the Auto-tuner.
I was getting low gas mileage with the base map set to 13.1 AFR across the board.
I've up-ed the AFR to 13.8 across the board, but don't have MPG's yet.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:23 PM
courterbag
Tourer

I have had a Tmax for awhile now and agree with the others that say it is the best money ever spent. I picked it up when I swapped pipes and a/c and was just totally amazed how well it worked. The shop that just did my HQ upgrade were amazed at not only how easy it was to use, but also after 3 runs on the dyno it confirmed how well it works. I did not even need to pay for the dyno time since they were curious themselves on how well it would do. Long story short - You won't be disappointed going with it. Good luck.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:45 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member

I've had one for 1 riding season and it's awesome. 13.2 AFR and outstanding gas mileage. One trip last summer nettedalmost 50mpg while running the Rocky Mountains. That's spectacular mileage. Normal is in around 42mpg. Building a new motor now and already have a custom map for my new 124". Can't say there's a better tuner out there!

Old 02-12-2008, 02:25 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I had put on the Tmax with Auto Tune and also installed a 2 into 1 Rinehart at the same time. The difference was like night and day. Then a few months later I had a 95 big bore done, cylinders bored exactly and cams and some mild head work. WOW. This bike runs like a scalded dog. No it is not a Jims 120, but it is enough to scare me from time to time!
TMaz is a top rate unit. Zippers phone and email support is secind to none. I bought mine from forum member and sponsor shooter64 (Bart) www.cateyexustoms.com I had it delivered overnight for less than $690. I would do it again in a second. I replaced a SE Race Tuner with the TMax unit. No more Dyno charges and all the mods you want, it will learn them.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:44 PM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been very pleased with my Thundermax. Bike runs great!

Old 02-12-2008, 03:18 PM
modes
Road Master

Thanks all for the feedback so far. Two thirds thus far with no issues is promising that I will end up in that catagory aswell.

Adam

Quick Reply: What is your personal experience with Thundermax autotune EFI controler