Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blaster Motorcycle Dryer

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 10:19 AM
IamZardoz
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Blaster Motorcycle Dryer

Wal-Mart $25 leaf blower works just fine. Why pay more?

Old 02-12-2008, 10:44 AM
thall
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to figure out how to hook a hose to the neighbor lady mouth as much as she is screaming and yelling at her kids

Old 02-12-2008, 11:02 AM
papa_freeman
Tourer

From Rider Magazine: http://www.ridermagazine.com/output.cfm?id=1215199

"So why not use a leaf blower? Metro claims that since the Blaster blows warm, dry, filtered air, it is superior because there’s no residue or debris in the air blast to scratch a motorcycle’s paint.
Air flows from the Blaster at about 20 degrees warmer than the ambient temperature, too, so it leaves no water spots. The 10-foot flexible hose is sufficient to stretch around a bike or go over a seat so you don’t have to keep moving the unit with you."

Old 02-12-2008, 11:05 AM
adlerx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: cas1338

I like that shop vac thing from harbor freight, it looks cool. Does the vaccume feature work well?

As far as drying the bike, I must have been doing it the hard way for years. My father in law and I would wash our bikes and then go for a ride to "dry" them off. But that was when I had a sportster.

Some times we would be gone all day, but the bikes were really wet. Or that is what we told the wives.....(don't rat me out please)
Tell you the truth, I haven't really used the vac much on my harbor Freight model but it worked fine when I used it. It is very strong.
OBTW, Yes, the blower does filter the air as the vac bag is on the air inlet so automatically filtera the blower air.
Really, I bought this thing to use as a dryer for the bike and it is outstanding, at least as good as my buddys Master Blaster. Comes with a ton of attachments too, great value. I am not selling these things, just letting you guys in on a GREAT value....

Old 02-12-2008, 11:48 AM
2008FLHP
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

ride real fast $0

Old 02-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DI75

Leaf blower!!
+1

Old 02-12-2008, 12:33 PM
07FLHRCMarinePatriot
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: PAPAFISH

any one useing the blaster or the side kick dryer?I was thinking of buying one but dont know if its worth it.It takes to long to wash and dry my eglide and thought this may help.
Having read threads like this one in the past I took them up on their common sense suggestions and got a leaf blower. I was psyched up (about saving time) after getting her all clean and ready for her blow dry. The force of the air coming out of the leaf blower was impressive, but the drying ability was WEAK! I ended up having to do it the old fashioned way (which meant more beer too).

It needs some sort of attachment to focus the air. I thought I'd put on readily available shop-vac attachments, but their diameters do not fit.

But, now having read about trying the shop-vac I await another warm day to give that a try!

Old 02-12-2008, 12:47 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

I use a Mr Clean wash system so the bike just air dries spot free. Sometime I hit the tins with a chamois but thats it.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:02 PM
sbbrown
Cruiser

Another one for the Wal-Mart leaf blower. As soon as you guys figure out how to filter the air when I'm riding, I'll look at a 130 dollar dryer for the bike.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:07 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

I use my craftsman compressor with an air hose and the air blower attachment, works perfect....

Quick Reply: Blaster Motorcycle Dryer