Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eyeglasses questions/dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Ultrasweet
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eyeglasses questions/dilemma

I have some of those HD riding sunglasses. I love the glasses but does anybody know if I can get some prescription lenses for those? T.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Go with Panoptics. Get Transition (for day - nite) and Progressive (distance,mid and reading with no lines) lenses.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:15 PM
sportyrider1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Duracell

I just bought some Panoptx prescription riding glasses. They are clear at night and darken up when in the sun, Transitions I think it's called. Only had 'em a week but I like them so far. Hope that helps.
Panoptx for me also. If you are fortunate enough to have optical insurance that will pay for prescription sunglasses they may pay for the panoptx. mine paid for 2 pairs, my wife's in the day/night and mine in day/night with progressive lens, cost to me $0.00 . the trick is to go to the panoptx site and find a optometrist in your area that carries them so that the insurance will see them as a legitimate optical item .

Old 02-11-2008, 08:23 PM
CherryHog
Road Master
Location: west of the west side of Indy, many miles from nowhere

No lineprograssive lenseswork for me. Have worn glasses for 42 yrs and I'm fine with reading from 12" to long distance with them.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:26 PM
1Harleyrdr
Road Captain

My Vision was 20/800 and 20/850 I always struggled with contacts (-9)-glasses tinted clear Lens so thick I let NASA borrow one for the Hubble..

I had the LASIK... BEST $$$$$$$$ I ever spent. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
I dont know if you are eligable, but look into it. Good Luck brother.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:33 PM
johnu
Cruiser

I have a pair of dark tint for day and yellow for night. I use WileyX XL-1's with the foam gaskets. love'em. Paid about $170 each. I have my distance correction and moved the bifocal lower for map reading but it's low enough not to cover the speedo when looking forward.
JU

Old 02-11-2008, 08:47 PM
dw2169
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If you can wear contacts, try the contacts that are setup for one eye is for distance,(dominate eye) and the other eye is set for reading or computer distance (as in my case), I carry a small pair of magnifier glasses for reading small print. I can ride with whatever eye protection I want and on my Ultra sometimes I forget to wear glasses at all. I use the transition glasses so I don't have to change from daylight or to darkness. This works for me. Good luck.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:56 PM
rde
Road Captain

Go with progressive lenses for your glasses. They work great.
I've used progressive lenses for several years and would never think of bi or tri focal lenses.

When I ride my bike I wear multifocal contact lenses. They are basically a progressive lens for contacts. That way I can use my Panoptix photochromatic lenses forbright sunlightor dark conditions.

I suggest you see your eyecare professional and they'll get you on the right path.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:04 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Transition lenses aren't polarized.......a BIG negative in my opinion. I have my clear glasses, and my polarized sunglasses. I can see up close without correction, so I just look over/under my glasses when I need to see up close. So far I can't stand to wear progressive or lined bi-focals, so I don't.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:43 PM
UltraDave
Road Captain

I have worn glasses for 40+ years. Last year bought the Willey-X Brick with transition. I normally wear bifocals but went with the single vision on the Willey's. They also have a good seal around them to keep out foreign objects.

They were a bit pricey but I like the convenience of just a single pair of glasses for night and day.

Quick Reply: Eyeglasses questions/dilemma