Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Next Harley - I'm So Confused!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 08:51 PM
kjmorgan
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: My Next Harley - I'm So Confused!!

ORIGINAL: Long124

Go with the Street Glide or the Road Glide what ever your fancy is....put a short windshield on for your "I want wind in my face fancy" and you will still have tunes and storage. When you no longerwant wind either change the windshield or put on a full face helmet.
OK this is sort of the way I was thinking so......
1)How long does it take to swap out the different windshields?
2)Where does the stock windshield fit for a 6' tall rider?

I've seen pictures of a RG with just a "blade" of a windshield - I'm assuming this gives you the wind/buffeting for in town cruising. Looks really bad a$$ I might add.

Can you get one tall enough to eliminate almost all of the wind at freeway speeds without having to actually look through it instead of over it? I've found some threads while searching that talked about a company that made one with a "euro lip" that actually deflected the air up and over your head.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:56 PM
CREEPSHOW
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

I went from a Sportster to a FLHT and never looked back!

Old 02-10-2008, 09:00 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2 words...quit being gay, no offense meant.

As you grow, mature, add lifes experiences to your resume and if motorcycling continues to be an integral part of your life,so too may your motorcycling expectations change. What is acceptable one part of your life with regards to a motorcycle, ceases to fulfill your wants and needs at this present time. Try to keep both if ecomically possible/feasible, as revisiting past loves are always a blast. The motorcycle thatmay sitdormant for years and then you decide to take'er out for a spin, well, that old loving feeling always comes back. Whether sportster, Buell, Pan etc..

Good luck and either way it sounds like win win.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:04 PM
wglindsay
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the Road King rider earlier, if you want the music from a faring go with some sort of Glide. If not go with a Road King. My Road King has gone over 22K in less than 24 months. It looks great decked out with tour pak, back rest and windshild. Also looks great with stripped down. I use ear plugs with my Zumo 550 and get everything I need music & directions. Good luck!!

Old 02-10-2008, 09:08 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: badinfluence63

2 words...quit being gay, no offense meant.

As you grow, mature, add lifes experiences to your resume and if motorcycling continues to be an integral part of your life,so too may your motorcycling expectations change. What is acceptable one part of your life with regards to a motorcycle, ceases to fulfill your wants and needs at this present time. Try to keep both if ecomically possible/feasible, as revisiting past loves are always a blast. The motorcycle thatmay sitdormant for years and then you decide to take'er out for a spin, well, that old loving feeling always comes back. Whether sportster, Buell, Pan etc..

Good luck and either way it sounds like win win.
What the hell? Dude that is one funny post Ughh it was supposed to be funny...right?

I think my favorite part was "2 words...1)guit 2) being 3) gay. Like he has a choice or something Oh yeah..then you said "no offense meant" [sm=wtf.gif]

Old 02-10-2008, 09:09 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Oh yeah...get a Street Glide and be done with it

Old 02-10-2008, 09:19 PM
lockshop
Tourer

I am bias but the King is very easy to switch from cruiser to long hauler.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:23 PM
BaldEagleou812
Cruiser

The only bike that comes to mind when i hear, Sporty and Touring is Street Glide. My initial plan was a R.K. but upon several trips to the Bendovership, Damn I think i meant Stealership, I found over and over my *** was sitting on the Street Glide,I also wanted a sporty tourer,with the 4" windshield you will have all the wind in your face you can swallow,

Old 02-10-2008, 09:26 PM
03ultra100th
Cruiser

Keep the sportry and get whatever second bike you want!! You are not going to get much selling or trading anyway. I have an Ultra and am going to get a dyna for cruising around locally on. Good reason to have a second bike!! My wife isn't objecting too much to this idea!! Think Spring!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/30204/ADD62E2C4B8C4A4C9877715297768D85.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-10-2008, 11:29 PM
BRO
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you were really confused your RE: would read "My next Honda". Have you ever walked into a dance and looked up and seen 7 or 8 ladies all with the come catch me look on their faces and now you got to decide which one to go for. That is what Harley did to us men, all the Harley's have that appeal to us that just says, ride me. Now you have to decide which one you want to ride. Don't worry about it though, think back, the worstdance partneryou have ever been with, was good. Same thing with the Harley's, you cann't really go wrong, especially with the bikes you mentioned.

Word of caution, once you decide, the decision is made then you go onto the next phase. The next phase occurs after one night with yor selected dance partnerand/ or your on your new bike 90 miles away from the Harley dealer. It's a strange thing, all of the sudden youstart looking for your next ride. Even if you cann't ride them or own them, your stll looking, it's a man-thing. God and Harley like to play with us that way. Good luck with what ever you choose and remember why ride when you can Glide. BRO

Quick Reply: My Next Harley - I'm So Confused!!