Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cluck, Cluck, Cluck, sure are a lot of

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 01:31 AM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Cluck, Cluck, Cluck, sure are a lot of

No matter where you go and what you do, There is always at least one that wants to bash you.
I figure most of them are just jealous or envious.
Lots are loud talkers, but don't have what it takes in the end, to actually do whatever it is
that is going on at the time and place.
Most of the time the Azzes don't bother me and I ignore them, or explain a point they apparently missed. But sometimes I have to jump in the middle of the fray too.

Yep that day was a fair weather ride. But I've done plenty of rides 100 miles + in zero and below.
Not being bad azz, just getting out and riding cause that's what I do.
For chappy here is a recent pic that comes close to yours.
I've been caught in bad, just didn't get pics at the time.
Guess will have to keep camera handy and upgrade it too.

Hit wrong key too soon wanted to add one looking in front and behind

Old 02-13-2008, 06:12 AM
toastedoat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hoping the weather here in CT will clear up soon, my new '03 Road King with a 95" Big Bore kit is getting delivered tomorrow, and I'm dying to take her for a ride...got about 3" of slushy crap on the ground right now, but tomorrow and Friday are supposed to creep into the 40s, so maybe I can sneak a quick test run in...

Old 02-13-2008, 06:25 AM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dare anyof you bad asses to come ride in miamis traffic and 85 degrees,,,,,I dare you, come on!!!

[sm=badbadbad.gif]between how hot these bikes can get in traffic and all the idiots on their cell phones around you it will be an adventure like no other....

Ask me how I know!!!!

Old 02-13-2008, 06:28 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

A lot of us would have loved to be a part of the run.You know what we Northerners are putting up with and lots of this year.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:19 AM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep we got more snow and cold this year than what we've been getting the last ten or so.
My biggest problem is the gravel road to the highway. About a mile of it. Some day I need to clock it on the odometer (the short route and the long route and the round about route). I have three access points to highway.
But even though the highway is free and clear after three or four days, the gravel isn't.
sometimes it is a couple weeks before I can get to the highway.
supposed to snow today and tomorrow (Sunday's prediction was for clear and mild all week). But
could be clear by this weekend.
ORIGINAL: dog155

A lot of us would have loved to be a part of the run.You know what we Northerners are putting up with and lots of this year.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: big_al

I dare anyof you bad asses to come ride in miamis traffic and 85 degrees,,,,,I dare you, come on!!!
[sm=badbadbad.gif]between how hot these bikes can get in traffic and all the idiots on their cell phones around you it will be an adventure like no other....

Ask me how I know!!!!
85 degrees? Puh-LEAZE! That's the perfect riding temp, humidity or not.

Come ride in Dallas in mid-to-late August. I DOUBLE-DAWG DARE YA!

100*+ temps combined with being a tech industry mecca...we have more idiots on cell phones (or using laptops, watching DVD's, playing video games, watching broadband wireless TV, etc) than Miami, I can assure you.

I'll ride in 50* to 95*, but below or above that range...yeh...I'm just a rider, not a biker or a bad ***. Riding outside of that range just isn't comfortable or enjoyable for me. /shrug

Old 02-13-2008, 11:21 AM
IdaSpudSG
Outstanding HDF Member

OK, what does this make me? Left Laughlin Nevada at 80 degrees. Headed to the Grand Canyon, arrived late evening at 17 degrees. Now mind you this group of 6 hearty bikers were dressed for the 80 degree temps in Laughlin. I thought my finger would never warm up. OK, the answer to my question is "not a bad ***, not a biker, not even a rider just Stupid" I know but it's a memory that I will have forever of the sufferingme and my close buds had. Also one of the best times, now that my fingers have warmed up.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:29 AM
chappy
Road Warrior

Ya Man!!
Those are the days that will slow you down in a hurry! lol
a real oxymoron, "slow quickly"!!

Do you have ele clothes"
I have some for those frosty days.

latter
chappy

ORIGINAL: choochoo

No matter where you go and what you do, There is always at least one that wants to bash you.
I figure most of them are just jealous or envious.
Lots are loud talkers, but don't have what it takes in the end, to actually do whatever it is
that is going on at the time and place.
Most of the time the Azzes don't bother me and I ignore them, or explain a point they apparently missed. But sometimes I have to jump in the middle of the fray too.

Yep that day was a fair weather ride. But I've done plenty of rides 100 miles + in zero and below.
Not being bad azz, just getting out and riding cause that's what I do.
For chappy here is a recent pic that comes close to yours.
I've been caught in bad, just didn't get pics at the time.
Guess will have to keep camera handy and upgrade it too.

Hit wrong key too soon wanted to add one looking in front and behind

Old 02-13-2008, 11:31 AM
chappy
Road Warrior

Been there and done that!
Same spectrum, just the other end is all! lol

chappy

ORIGINAL: big_al

Ask me how I know!!!!

Old 02-13-2008, 12:11 PM
bear95
Intermediate

I'm all for someone going and having a good time but I don't feel the need or agree with someone who has to put other people down in the process. So if I like to do something that other people don't should I call them all chickens for not doing it?
"Chickens staying in the coop these days!!"
So apparently if we aren't riding right now we are chickens.
"People in the pics below are NOT Chickens!"
Telling us how these people are not chickens aka how bad they are.
"and only a moderate breeze (for us that live here.. hurricane to all you others)"
So if we don't live there we aren't as tough as them.
Apparently other people feel the same as me, did you read Kerns reply:
Ask yourself why you feel compelled to come on here and act so....childish. The behavior you display only confirms what I've said before. You could have just as easily typed up on how it was a great ride, the scenery was nice, it was fun hanging out with buds etc etc. But no, you come on here insulting everyone and just acting like a self absorbed narcissistic @sshole.
If your definition of a poosie is someone who dosen't ride when it's snowing out then I guess you will find my picture next to poosie in the dictionary. It's possible that he is a bad *** but I doubt it. In my experience a true bad *** dosen't need to point it out to everyone....Also it seems that a great number of Choo Choo posts are about riding when it's cold out and how no one else is, so excuse me for being somewhat irritated by his most recent post......I'm sorry YOU felt attacked(?) by my response to Choo Choo. Your right if I see his name on a post I just shouldn't open it.

Quick Reply: Cluck, Cluck, Cluck, sure are a lot of