Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sundowner seat 08 ultra? anyone tried one?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008 | 01:11 PM
galaxie64
|
Intermediate
Default sundowner seat 08 ultra? anyone tried one?

Has anyone put a sundowner seat on their 08 ultra yet?. I have one on my 06 that won't fit my 08 Ultra thats on order.

I was very satisfied with it but unsure if the 08 changes affect how they are shapes and if butt placement was similar.

Old 02-10-2008 | 04:27 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Default RE: sundowner seat 08 ultra? anyone tried one?

well , it's not an Ultra, but I put one on my 08 RKC and it is a much better seat than the original... I've had 5 back surgeries and will likely soon have # 6. I just wish it was leather, so I'm thinking about sending it out to have it covered.

Old 02-10-2008 | 04:35 PM
galaxie64
|
Intermediate

Thanks for the reply. I was kinda wondering if I would get any replies. I did a search and didn't have much luck either, probably not too common yet, many seem to like the stock seat. I just think the stock seat will put me up on the tank like the stock 06 did. I had one on my 01 road king classic and it sat sweet.

Old 02-10-2008 | 04:43 PM
Captain Rumbelly
Cruiser

Hey Gal
I just ordered a Sundowner seat for my '07 RK Classic. The stock seat is aweful on those things. I can't help you with the Ultra question but I'm sure someone around here knows. You might check out Mean City Cycles...Allen seems to get a lot of referrals from here and someone may have a post there re: Ultra's.
Good Luck!

Old 02-10-2008 | 05:02 PM
Roofuss96
Road Captain

Had a Sundowner on my FLHTC, and went to a Mustang . Then got a Corbin for my '07 FL Standard.
In my opinion, there are better choices available out there ....Mustang, Corbin, C & C , Danny Gray, Le Pera, etc. and all have websites , but its your wallet ......[sm=smiley31.gif]

Old 02-10-2008 | 05:21 PM
BRO
Tourer

Why don't you get a hold of the Sundowner people and asked them the changes made to their seats for the 08's as compared to your 06 seat. If the changes are mostly in the pan toaccommodate the new frame and electronics located in that areanow then maybe the seatingdimensions on the seating portion of the seat may not have been affected all that much. The distance from the tank to the back of the seat, back support in inches, the width of the seat, the thickness of the seat and then compare them to your 06.If those numbers are close and you liked the qualityof the seat and ride, you probablywould be okwith the same seat.
I have aCorbin on my 03 UltrabutI wanted to try something different and went with a CC sport tourerfor my 08 Ultra.But I like changeand that wasa driver for me.Good luck, BRO

Old 02-10-2008 | 07:00 PM
Romee08RKC
Cruiser

As previously stated, I can not comment on the Ultra, but I did replace the stock seat on my 08 RKC with the Sundowner. I have not had alot of time in the saddle as it was late in the season when I received it.

From the time I have had, I like the seat, and it looks nice on the bike. With the additional width in the front, ( I think it has something to due with the additional length of the 6 gal. tank) I am not able to be flat footed.

I will most likely spend the money and send down to Allen at Mean City Cycles. From the forum, and input from Allen, it seems as though alot of people need to customize the Sundowner to fit there particular body size, and comfort.

I look at it this way, we spend alot of time in the saddle, and the greater the comfort, the greater the ride. With all the money that we spend, I believe this is one of best items that I can throw some dough out for.