Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harleys 2 year warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts
Default RE: Harleys 2 year warranty

You are probably worrying about nothing. My girlfriends Deuce had the lining inside the gas tank come loose and plug up fuel lines, pump and injectors. It was just weeks past the end of the 2 year warranty. Harley paid the dealer (who quoted $1200. for the job) and called it good will.
My first new Harley was a '72 and I've never had any problem with their warrantys! Harley values their reputation and wants to sell you more bikes in the future.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Trojan63
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might have used the term bad very broadly....the example he gave, was you have motor problems and a dealer in Montana or whereever rebuilds your engine under warranty...you drive home, to only have the engine go again....local dealer is saying they will not do any work on it, has to go back to the dealer who worked on it, or PAY them...will not fix motor under warranty...I think this is bs for sure, because if this is so, then the dealers are nothing but a bunch of indy's....I think I will write Harley and get some clarification.....now I really think they will do the work, charge you, and still file on the Harley warranty from the factory......and I thought we had a good local dealer....

Old 02-11-2008, 07:30 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like So_Cal Pappy said, warranty is warranty and HD offers a 2 year warranty and you are covered at ANY HD dealer and even if you come back home and have a re-do or other waranty issue your local dealer has to warranty the work. If they say no then tell them to get HD on the phone and discuss it with them. I'll bet MOCO reps will sing a different story. You are broke down and can't be responsible for the work being done by the other dealer, you are the customer, not a qualified HD Tech, you must rely on them to do quality work and if they don't and you have to have it redone then that's a problem for the MOCO & dealers to work out and not you. If your delaer balks call a customer service rep and report them. I'm not sure why some dealers try to use this SCARE tactic, it's all B.S.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:02 AM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When will you all learn.
Unless it is something that HD just can't get out of covering
HD's Warranty is not worth the paper it is written on.
And crappy dealers wont change either, until you all do one very imporant thing.
Standup for your rights.
File official complaints with FTC,Small Claims courts (most are good to $7500), and STOP BUYING ANYTHING FROM HARLEY.
Force their sales down (there's enough of out here to do it), then they will listen.
But until then you are pizzing into the wind, just complaining here!!

Old 02-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Trojan63
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is what I was thinking...well there are around 100 people from our chapter upset about the presentation, I think I will write a letter to Harley and ask for clarification...I will post the reply from them....if I get one...LOL