Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELMET QUESTION...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 07:20 PM
profinish
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELMET QUESTION...

Ok... been ridin' in Cali since before the helmet law. The only helmet I've ever worn was a novelty half helmet, nothing else. Since my accident, I've decided not to push my luck an further and I need to purchase me a DOT. The problem is, every one that I try on makes my head look like a watermelon. If that's how it has to be then so be it.

I have heard of DOT helmets with thinner linings and such to address this problem... anyone have one, or know of a certain brand that's still cool but a bit more fitting? Give me a holler.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:32 PM
etrader
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HELMET QUESTION...

http://www.vegahelmet.com/xts.html
Really like these!

Old 02-09-2008, 07:41 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,358 Likes on 2,536 Posts

i have one of these:

http://www.nexlsports.com/

look down the page to the guy in the black vest. mine is like that. except it doesn't sit as high, i didn't put the extra pad in the top. however, it appears that they are not accepting new orders for helmets, and i did a search on google and it led me to a post on the hdforum where a lot of people have paid for helmets and not received them. it also appears that maybe the guy killed himself, that might be why the orders never shipped. so, if you can find one on ebay or at a local shop you'd be good.

i have also heard a lot of good from these guys: http://www.carbonfiberhelmets.com/gallery.htm

and as far as i know, they are still in business.... but i've never had any direct experience with them.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:08 PM
IBHarley
Road Master

http://stores.ebay.com/Jafrum-com_Mo...dZ2QQpZ9QQtZkmseries 100 smallest DOT helmets around I have three of em

Old 02-09-2008, 08:14 PM
homehandyman
Advanced

Just recently got a HJC AC-3 carbon fiber helmet. Works great and is really very light compared to regular helmets.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:50 AM
mchildree
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have to wear a helmet, get it for protection and comfort....not how it looks. "Watermelon Head" is gonna be pretty compared to what it will look like if you go down wearing a POS helmet. Just my opinion....

Old 02-10-2008, 06:53 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

full face or you may as well wear a ball cap...take the right spill and you'll ecome a believer !!!!

Old 02-10-2008, 06:57 AM
krgs2k
Cruiser

I have just about every type of helmet,no novelties though. I wear a HD modular most
of the time. The real thing I am concerned with issafety and comfort. Don't worry about
the coolness factor.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:29 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

totally agree -- I had to transition from novelty half helmet to a full face modular helmet -- it took about two months -- the novelty has been sitting in garage ever since. Now I question WTF was I thinking -- go for protection(quote]ORIGINAL: mchildree

If you have to wear a helmet, get it for protection and comfort....not how it looks. "Watermelon Head" is gonna be pretty compared to what it will look like if you go down wearing a POS helmet. Just my opinion....
[/quote]

Old 02-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Norm
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try this......http://www.carbonfiberhelmets.com/ excellent product, well constructed, light weight although a bit pricier than most half helmets. They are out of Orlando, FL

Quick Reply: HELMET QUESTION...