Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

un freakin real!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 05:53 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts
Default un freakin real!!!!

still fumin!!! going down us441 yesterday coming home when i look next ta me and see an old fart in a mercedes readin his map at 70 mph. now he wasnt glancin down at it, didnt have it to the side of him, wasnt peeking over the top it. his head was buried in this map with no way ta see the road. i backed off a little and laid on the air horns-no response. didnt look up. iwanted ta ride up and put a boot thru his window BUT i backed off a few car lengths instead. i wont dial a cell phone will im drivin and this ******** reading a novel!!![sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 02-09-2008, 06:18 AM
Araba Shriner
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: un freakin real!!!!

I hear ya...

Sometimes I wish I had a pocket full of lug nuts to hurl at these numb nutz

Old 02-09-2008, 06:31 AM
62trvler
Tourer

Glad you made it past him. maybe he won't be so lucky some other day.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:43 AM
roxnatwist
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys obviously aren't riding in South Florida. That's the norm down here. You want to hear something scary...I've been eating dinner in a restaurant and seen two old people at a table next to me. The guy was in such bad shape his wife had to feed him. We finished our meals at the same time; he gets up and hobbles out the front door on his walker to the handicapped parking where he gets behind the wheel of a new Cadillac and drives off. Happens all the time. Luckily you get used to it and know what to look for to keep from being run over.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:46 AM
The Old Man
Road Master

Florida...otherwise known as "GOD'S Waiting room".

Old 02-09-2008, 06:56 AM
powdercoater
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: The Old Man

Florida...otherwise known as "GOD'S Waiting room".
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 02-09-2008, 06:57 AM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

Living in South Florida also I agree 100% about the idiots on the road. With so manypeople driving on the roads everyday on their cell phones not paying attention or all the old folks that can barely walk or feed them selves then they are out driving.. I love the miami life style but I hate all these northeners that relocate downhere to wait their death and sometimes take other souls with them.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:59 AM
Hogwallop
Tourer

It's the over 70 SNOW BIRDS you have to watch for. Old and Lost.....Now that's a lethal combination in Florida. I think I will write my local legislative representative and request a bill be introduced making it mandatory for all seniors to place a flashing yellow light on the roof of their cars. Just to make sure all drivers know to give them plenty of room. I know some that are close to 90 and still driving. One guy admitted getting lost trying to find his home, but still drives today. To damn scary.......... I don't want to offend the over 70 crowd, but their is a significant loss of driving skills due to increased use ofmedications, changes in sight, and diminished brain/skill function in some people. How many times have you watched on the news after some 80 something year oldperson driving into a crowd of people or into a building because they hit the accelerator instead of the brake? Then again, I better recommend that a light be installed on anyone under 18.........this group is just as bad as a snow bird with dementia.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:59 AM
powdercoater
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: relli

still fumin!!! going down us441 yesterday coming home when i look next ta me and see an old fart in a mercedes readin his map at 70 mph. now he wasnt glancin down at it, didnt have it to the side of him, wasnt peeking over the top it. his head was buried in this map with no way ta see the road. i backed off a little and laid on the air horns-no response. didnt look up. iwanted ta ride up and put a boot thru his window BUT i backed off a few car lengths instead. i wont dial a cell phone will im drivin and this ******** reading a novel!!![sm=shootshoot.gif]
It's that kind of crap that gets us run off the road and WE get the bad press because "motorcycles are dangerous." [:@]

Old 02-09-2008, 07:11 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want to know what the hell makes you think Florida is GODs waiting room? Better look down.

Quick Reply: un freakin real!!!!