Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

un freakin real!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 03:12 PM
extech
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We get 'em all down here for sure. I was at a stop light one day and sitting next to me was an old blue hair driving a big 70's caddy, I noticed a pair of binoculars hanging around her neck, though to myself "hmmm, that's kinda weird" as I sat waiting for the light to change I glanced over again and she was looking through the damn binoculars to see what color the stop light was!

Old 02-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Sketz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You A-holes have got to quit generalizing every one over 65 as idiots!!! Sure, there's plenty of them on the road, but they are all ages., ie., soccermom's trying to control their brats in the back of the van and at the same time using a cell phone, salespeople trying to read a GPS or map, etc, etc.
Now for you A-holes who think those over 65 are useless, I'm 70, been riding since 1957, still chaulk up around 20K miles a year on my new 08 RK, and I'd be willing to challenge anyone of you to some riding skills, I'm not as good as my racing days in the 60-70's, but I'm sure a lot better than a lot of some of the "riders" (and I use that term loosely) I see on the road today!!!!!!!!
You'll find me again this year at the Laughlin River Run on April 23rd - look me up, just go to the Harley booth and ask for Sketz!!

Last edited by Sketz; 02-11-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:29 PM
rcartie
Advanced

I'm a paramedic here in ga and I have seen alot of wrecks involving bikes and honestly it usually is a young person in the cager that is in the driver seat the old folks cause wrecks for other people and aren't in the wreck cause they were moving slow enough for others to avoid them. I watch for blue hair and knuckles when coming upbehind a car especially one with handicap tags! as for rocks, marbles ect to drop in the road or throw at them remember they may throw lead back. I prefer raw eggs and blame it on over flights of ducks or geese. just get ahead of them and toss it straight up never can tell where it might land!!! they should all have to take a behind the wheel test for free every two years after 65 talk to state troopers they don't seem to blame older drivers as much as under 21 and speeders 95% of bike wrecks involve above posted limits by the bike

Old 02-11-2009, 03:50 PM
extech
Road Master

Originally Posted by jimmything
I grew up in New Port Richey, which they referred to as the "Gateway To Heaven" way back in the 70's. If you rode a bike down there, you were referred to as an organ donor. Those blue hairs heads barely reached the dasboard, and they never looked to the side, only straight ahead...
This is soooo true!!! there must be a big magnet that attracts them because they're all still there

Old 02-11-2009, 09:00 PM
mrmike38z
Advanced

I was driving down the 3 lane interstate here in town one day. I was coming up on this car that had something sticking out of the drivers window. Got a little closer and I saw he was playing an acoustic guitar, driving with his knees and singing away like it was a concert. Remember stupids not illegal.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:28 PM
103Lee
Intermediate

Having grown up in Ft. Lauderdale , do they still race to the end of the I-95 entrance ramp and slam on the brakes?

Old 02-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Petesnot
Cruiser
Default California Too!

I was rolling back to Oregon after a week in San Diego. Came up on a car ~seriously~ tail gating a big rig semi. Once I got close enough I saw why - the driver of the car was reading a book he had in the middle of the steering wheel. He was using peripheral vision to stay in the lane and assumed the truck wouldn't make any sudden stops. They were both going 75 mph. I stayed behind him for about 10 minutes and never once did he look up. I then decided it was time for a 100 MPH run and got the **** away from him.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:07 PM
The Reg
Intermediate

I thought I'd seen everything ...then - one day just before Christmas, I was riding along the freeway when overtaken by a youngster on a 250 Sports bike of some sort (not unusual) then a short time later I caught up to him and wondered why he had suddenly slowed down to the speed limit! He was 'TEXTING' at 100 Kph.....