Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 Road Glide build w/HTCC heads

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 05:46 PM
bagr
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Road Glide build w/HTCC heads

Hey all,
I decided to do an engine build with ported HTCC SE heads and their 10.5-1 HTCC pistons. S&S gear drive w/ touring/two-up S&S cams. Jugs bored out for 95". RineHart 2-1 pipe and SE RaceTuner and K&N filter.
I'm hoping I got the right combo here and not wasting my time and hard earned cash!!!
Any thoughts !!!

Old 02-06-2008, 06:37 PM
drdave
Cruiser
Default RE: 04 Road Glide build w/HTCC heads

some of those bolt together fairly closely for the correct squish, but many do not come close and are lackluster. the best combination with the htcc set up is to have axtell or baisley or hillside cycle for example specifically work the heads to match the piston shape - or get axtells pistons designed for their modifications on the htcc heads. that helps get the squish more accurate and thus the compression desired.

i have seen several here that were satisfied with the performance of their htcc builds and had good numbers to match, but mine was not one of them. i elected to replace the htcc components with ported heads and matching pistons for a desired compression - set the squish correctly and the numbers were far superior. i wish i had done that instead of messing with the htcc components. i will not mess with the htcc stuff again.

if you are not already invested in the htcc stuff,talk to head-quarters, or hillside cycle, or another of the sponsors on this forum. a nice set ofstock professionally ported heads, combined with their recommended pistons and cams, etc (the complete package) willgive you an engine you will be thrilled with.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:36 PM
tallrider2
Stage II
Default RE: 04 Road Glide build w/HTCC heads

save your money and have your heads done, forget the htcc..