Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

** Which 2-Up seat did you like better - SunDowner or Mustang!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 03:14 PM
tata455
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ** Which 2-Up seat did you like better - SunDowner or Mustang!!

I would like to pose this question to those who have owned both seats and actually had seat time in each of them to tell why they think one is better than the other. I know we can get our seats modified and there are other choices out there, but for the purposes of this post, I would just like to look at these two seats on a Touring Bike -The two up SunDowner (PN - 51542-01B) or the equivalent Mustang (PN - 75449) or similar two up seat on a touring bike. These two seats I think are some of the main options many people look at, so I think this would be valuable. Tell us what you liked or disliked, What the problem you were having with the stock seat was and how the replacement seat solved it. Indicate youheight and build to help people in there assessment of your comments. Thanks for all the expert opinions!!![/align]

Old 02-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ** Which 2-Up seat did you like better - SunDowner or Mustang!!

5' 11" @ 210.

Currently using Mustang Solo + 13.5" passenger pillion.

Sits me down about 1" and back about 1.5" vs stock seat. Slightly more like sitting "in" the bike versus "on" the bike.

The padding on the Mustang is positioned much better than the stock seat and "cradles" you more in the right spots, thus preventing a sore tailbone after a long days riding.

Only experience I have with the Sundowner is riding a bike at my dealership that had one installed. It didn't feel right from the get go, so I didn't bother with it. Having used Mustang seats on previous bikes plus that Sundowner experience, I just went back with Mustang when it was time to upgrade the seat.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:34 PM
captsam54
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 02-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mustang hands down

Old 02-06-2008, 04:57 PM
ctmedic
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stock to Sundowner to Mustang.

Hands down the Mustang has been a much more comfortable seat for me, as well as my wife. The pillion is 13.5" vs the 11"? Sundowner, the Mustang lowered me just a tad allowing me to feel "In the bike vs above the bike". The Mustang seat is an inch thinner on the insides of your thighs allowing for me to stretch out more and not feel like i,m sitting "over" the seat.

I have the solo with the pillion that sits "over the solo seat" When my wife is on the bike she hates the rider back rest in front of her. It gives me great back support still even without the rider's back rest. When Solo about 50% of the time, I pull the pillion and put the Mustang rider back rest in. IMHO a much better and nicer looking back rest then the Stock Harley Back rest.

I love the Mustang, though before I would go back to the Sundowner I actually liked the stock better then the Sundowner. (Wife hated the stock seat)

BTW i,m 5"9 and 200lbs

Good luck
Frank

Old 02-06-2008, 05:04 PM
lazybee
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Me and the wife love the Mustang. I've had one on a metric before the EG.