Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Exhaust For A Dresser

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 12:21 PM
zenwee
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Exhaust For A Dresser

Best Exhaust For A Dresser????

Two Rules apply today with the HD models, You have to open the intake and change the exhaust if your intrested in optimizing performance. With intake the choices seem straight forward and easy enough. However the exhaust choices can be confusing at best! Three camps seem to dominate the scene.

Slip ons with stock headers:
Screamin Eagle, Modified Stock, Bassani, Vance & Hine, ect.

True Dual headers with slip ons:
Rinehart, Vance & hines, Caliber, ect.

Two & ones:
Thunderheader, Supertrapp, Fat Kat, LSR ect.

There are PerFormance advantages and the Sound differs by selection. This thread is to see what Pipes you run on your bagger and why?
Also past attempts and changes you have made good[sm=goodidea.gif] or bad[sm=badidea.gif]

Old 01-19-2006, 12:39 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Best Exhaust For A Dresser

I had SE Slipons and loved the quality and sound. I was able to cruise at 80mph and still listen to my passenger/radio. Also in case anyone is thinking about the HD Pipes with changeable endcaps?? The sound will be different from each endcap chosen so you know.

I changed out to V&H Ovals as I love the look of the Ovals and know V&H's quality to be great. I have YET to install so i can't reply on the sound difference between the 2.

I'm now thinking about going with the V&H TD Headpipes as I hate the sound dominating from only 1 pipe. Just seems cheesey to me. I mean why have a dual look to still only hear from 1 pipe yanno.

Old 01-19-2006, 12:44 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard Krome T-REX True Duals. If ya like true duals, these are the ones!

Old 01-19-2006, 12:48 PM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the Thunder header is the best performance pipe on the market (had one on my old wideglide) but I don't care for the way it looks on a bagger.I went with the Rineharts because I love the look of the pipes (the black tips) and the sound.True duels also clean the right side of the bike up allot and take the heat away from the passengers right leg.To each his own but for me it's Rineharts.

Old 01-19-2006, 12:51 PM
rvisdew
Road Master

I hear that the 2-1 offer the best performance, but I didn't like the look for my RKC ... so I did the Rinehart True Duals ...

Old 01-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Isshinryu
Tourer

I had true duals on my road king and liked them. When I got my street glide, I saw the performance of the Supertrapp 2 into 1. I was very concerned about the look and sound of a 2 into 1 on the bike. Now that I have the Supertrapp on the street glide I like it better that duals. It seems to match the clean look of the Street Glide on the left side. I don't think I would feel the same about other glides. The exhaust note is the best I have ever heard. I see no difference in heat or sound ballance. I like this pipe best for this bike.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6262/39368A217FCC49ABA14148F7B6B81E3B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Loch
Tourer

I’ve heard that true duals will take away back pressure when used with the 88. I know a lot of people don’t seem to care about this lack of lower RPM torque and go with them anyway. My question is just how much torque is lost? I’ve read a few times that people can prove it on the dyno but I’ve never seen an exact number yet.

Bountyhunter, Those Hard Krome T-Rex pipes are SaWeeet!!!

Old 01-19-2006, 03:29 PM
OG_electra_glide
Tourer

I hope the Rhineharts are good, because that's what I've ordered. My business manager (wife) chose them because she wouldn't pay for slip-ons. Right, with my money.

Old 01-19-2006, 04:00 PM
KBES BAGGER
Road Master

I will agree with this but, I think it is best for Evo engines. I think a V&H Pro Pipe is a better choice for the TC engine. Just my .02.

KB

ORIGINAL: harley rulz

I think the Thunder header is the best performance pipe on the market

Old 01-19-2006, 04:19 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm hoping to do a dyno run stock and then a dyno run once the pipes/intake/SERT are installed. I will post up the numbers when it happens.

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust For A Dresser