Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Exhaust For A Dresser

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 02:23 AM
hej
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best Exhaust For A Dresser

ORIGINAL: CHEYENNE

Also in case anyone is thinking about the HD Pipes with changeable endcaps?? The sound will be different from each endcap chosen so you know.
Okay I'll bite! I'm about to put them on. How does the sound change? I was looking at putting on the double groove ones.

Old 01-21-2006, 09:58 AM
zenwee
Cruiser

Hacker Headers and SE Touring Mufflers with Grooved Endcaps. Gettin it on the dyno as we speek!

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/i...re%2012013.jpg

Old 01-22-2006, 12:00 AM
Rodent
Road Master

Anybody running RUSH exhaust with a true dual set up? If so, what header pipe are you using? Any pro's and con's with the RUSH exhaust?
I'm still debating between the Vance & Hines Ovals or the RUSH. Definately will go with a true dual set up, sert and dyno tune. Do you notice a significant amount of torque loss using the true dual?

Old 01-22-2006, 10:22 AM
hungrycat
Advanced

havent gotten to pics yet but i love my d&d fat cats.bike runs a lot better and the engine seems smoother too.i am more interested in perfoemance than looks. i mean how much can you see @ hwy speeds?if i dont get back in the mtns soon,they will have to lock me up in a padded cell.deals gap......next project is installing camcorder w/remote camera & mike.rw

Old 01-22-2006, 12:56 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: hej
Okay I'll bite! I'm about to put them on. How does the sound change? I was looking at putting on the double groove ones.
They will make the bike louder or quiet and also change the tone of the pipes. See if you can go to a dealer and find a set with the double grooves and listen before purchasing. I was gonna go the exact same route you are UNTIL I heard them compared to the 1 piece and thought the double grooves sounded like crap(They give off a shushing sound). Luckily the Tech told me about this before buying and the fact that they had a bike with them installed already for me to listen.