Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Exhaust For A Dresser

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 09:15 PM
turbo54
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Best Exhaust For A Dresser

Hey terry. I don't know much about the true duals. My 95 cubic road glide has thunderheads. I hear of discoloration no trouble with mine. I guess if you like the looks a guy could put dummy pipe on LOl thanks again.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3159/FE068B19C15840309077DC3FF3BFB97F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-19-2006, 09:39 PM
coolharley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Samson oval slip ons, awewsome sound and looks. Not sure about what they did or did not do for performance...I ride the bike like a raped ape, no matter what's on it...

You will never get enough meaningful feedback from someone else on what pipes to use - there are simply too many pipes and combinations floating around, combined with each person's own opinion. Look around, figure out what matters most (i.e., looks, sound, performance, etc.), then trigger the deal. Going to Sturgis, Daytona, Laconia, etc. is the best way to check out tons of options...

Later gater

Old 01-19-2006, 11:29 PM
zenwee
Cruiser

Spirit, How loud are the Thunderheaders? They have very little as far as a Baffle and I think they ar to loud for my wife and neighbors! [sm=boosign.gif] I like the way they look on a bagger with the clean left side. I bet they look good black on black!

Are they louder than the Rineharts? Anyone have a sound clip? My wife rides along, but if it was up to me.....[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 01-19-2006, 11:39 PM
Y2K
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,303 Likes on 1,410 Posts

ORIGINAL: terryt1955

I have the Rinehart True Duals and love them. The sound is great, loud if you want it but not so bad at highway speed. You can hear your radio fine. I noticed an immediate boost in power and performance. You gotta install a SERT and have your bike dyno's if you want it to run with duals.

Terry

I can't wait to find out,mine should be here in a couple of days.
Having a fresh top end and gear drive cams done is a few weeks.
Baisley Heads,S&S 570 cams, 95" + .010 SE 10.25 pistons and Dyna ignition.
Already have a Mikuni and SE breather so the Rinehart True Duals are rest of the package [8D]

Old 01-20-2006, 12:39 AM
Slider
Outstanding HDF Member

Here is a picture of the D&D FatCat D&D Exhaust

[IMG]local://upfiles/7057/BB9F70DB0B0C4E418E66D54E0FF8C81C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-20-2006, 01:04 AM
dforeid
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

I have Thunderheader slip-ons for my '05 RKC. They are the best sounding in my opinion. I ran the Thunderheader 2-1 on my '98 Heritage and loved it also. It gets down to personal taste. Who's gonna notice a horsepower or two and who cares really? Are we dragging these things for pink slips - or are we enjoying the ride and sound? My wife absolutely loves the Thunderheader's sound.. in my opinion nothing sounds better.

I made my choice by a simple method.... when I was at Street Vibrations (Reno - September '98 and since) I just listened to all the scooters and made my decision. Everytime a bike flew by and the sound really grabbed my ear, it wound up running a Thunderheader - that's how I made my decision.

Old 01-20-2006, 01:17 AM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah what he said!

I have the Rinehart True Duals and love them. The sound is great, loud if you want it but not so bad at highway speed. You can hear your radio fine. I noticed an immediate boost in power and performance. You gotta install a SERT and have your bike dyno's if you want it to run with duals.

Terry

Old 01-20-2006, 07:26 AM
wblockel
Novice

BountyHunter,

I am pretty sure I am going with the Hard Krome T-rex on my 06 FLHRCI. The look is awesome. Are they good and "Harley" loud? I want some deep down exhaust sound when I am on it.

Wblockel

Old 01-20-2006, 01:31 PM
turbo54
Road Master

There not bad till I gouge it .I can still listen to the XM radio. Nice rumble around town.My wife is pritty gentle they don't seem to bother her.I think they have some baffle for back pressure .

Old 01-20-2006, 06:13 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Y2K

Terry

I can't wait to find out,mine should be here in a couple of days.
Having a fresh top end and gear drive cams done is a few weeks.
Baisley Heads,S&S 570 cams, 95" + .010 SE 10.25 pistons and Dyna ignition.
Already have a Mikuni and SE breather so the Rinehart True Duals are rest of the package [8D]

Y2K I will be interested to see how your bike turns out on the Dyno.
I have 04Road King HD jugs bored to 97" with 10.5:1 Wiseco pistons, Baisley Heads, S&S 510G cams, S&S Super E carb with DaVici kit and Doherty PowerPacc, and Daytona Twintec Ignition. With the Rinhart true duals I was getting 91HP & 103TQ not bad #'s but it was a Dog until the RPM's got up to 3500RPM. It sucked, I had more low end TQ then before the Big Bore and Head job. So I changed the Exhaust to 2-1 Thunderheader and it was like night and day. After the dyno tune I ended up with 97HP & 104TQ. The HP & TQ are now in the lower RPM right where I wanted it.
I've been thinking about going to the 570G cams but don't want to lose any of that low-mid range punch I have now. Right now it pulls very hard until 4800RPM after that you might as well shift. I would like alittle more top end pull with out any low end loss.
I do miss the look of the Rineharts, but I love the sound and punch of the 2-1 Thunderheader. That being said I wouldn't ever go back.

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust For A Dresser