Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seat's Beware

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008 | 09:06 AM
03sporty
|
Cruiser
Default Corbin Seat's Beware

I just bought a Corbin seat for my 07, Ultra. Out of the box seat. It fit the bike great, but not me. called customer service what a hassle. First of all the seat seems to wide or something. Only the ***** of my feet touch the ground. So I explained this to them and they won't take the seat back. They want to send it to California to be cut down. Approx. 3 weeks turn around. What bulls*&t. I told the guy how can you be sure if you cut it down that it will still fit me? Shouldn't me the bike and the seat be there. I live about 2-1/2 hours from Ormand Beach. So now hes agreed to let me come over there. I just can't believe that they won't take it back to give any kind of refund. What kind of company is that. So I guess Saturday I will be riding over there, and will see what happens.

Old 02-06-2008 | 09:14 AM
NICK56
Road Master
Default RE: Corbin Seat's Beware

I BUDDY OF MINE HAD THE SAME ISSUES WITH CORBIN.. THEY SUCK..ONCE THE SALE IS MADE ITS OVER 4 THEM ..

SEATS ARE 1 OF THE HARDEST THINGS TO PURCHASE...YOU REALLY GOTTA TRY IT ON LIKE A PAIR OF SHOES.. THEN BE ABLE TO DO A TEST RIDE TO SEE IF ITS OK FOR YOU. IVE FOUND CORBIN SEATS TO BE WAY TOO HARD... IDE STAY OFF ANYTHING WITH THE CORBIN NAME ON IT.. AND NEVER BUY THEIR SADDLE BAGS.. GARBAGE!

Old 02-06-2008 | 09:17 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

In fairness, did you look at their return policy on their website? IIRC, that's their stated policy - they'll trim/adjust it to fit. ANY time yer goin' for a seat, it behooves ya to have "test-sat" on one afore ordering.

I've had my share of issues w/'em in the past, but it really does seem to me that they're trying harder to be responsive to the customer. In this case, rather than insisting on following their standard procedure of ship-back, they're lettin' ya bring it in to check on it.

Old 02-06-2008 | 09:17 AM
03sporty
|
Cruiser

I never even had achance to try the seat, to even see how hard it was. But I agree, I'll tell all the people I know. DON'T BUY CORBIN !!!

Old 02-06-2008 | 09:21 AM
03sporty
|
Cruiser

Truthfully, I didn't think of even looking at there return policy. I just figured they were around along time and very reputable. I'm lucky that I live in Florida and can go there. But feel bad for some poor guy that lives in the Mid-west or some place like that.

Old 02-06-2008 | 09:23 AM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

I love my Corbin and would us nothing else - This is my Third Corbin since 97 and I just love them - I am 5'6" and they all have worked very well for me - OK, Now for the rest of my feelings... I happen to be one of the lucky ones - I live about 1.5 hours from the CA factory - which is the Only place they build seats - seat are sometimes worked on while Corbin is on the road and at shows - but most of the time - the seat has to go to CA - I have stated that I love my Corbin - However, I have been on this forum long enough to have read MANY horror stores like yours and about their customer service. I have made many posts to answer questions about Corbin. On EVERY one I have stated how they have worked for ME and I have warned each poster about stories of sub par customer service - some of the suggestions are - who ever you buy from - ask about refunds - when you talk to customer service - get a NAME and ext number - keep notes. Corbin makes a GREAT seat - but they are NOT for everyone. To this day, I am confused as to Why their customer service has not gotten better -If you were able to actually ride you bike into Hollister - you would find a very much different Corbin Customer Service. They have a 'Ride in app" and this is what I have done in the past - Call, make the app - show up at about 8am - by the afternoon, you leave with a CUSTOM seat built to YOUR butt and your riders Butt. and they buy breakfast - You spend time with the builder expaining what you want... he gets started - and several times during the build - you take YOUR bike for a long test ride... come back - talk to the builder more and he works more on the seat UNTIL YOU say - THIS is what I want and it feels great... Then and ONLY then - the seat gets covered - they you are on your way... This is the ONLY way to buy a Corbin.... Ya, I know you live on the other side of the County... Corbin can still build you a good seat - just takes more work on the phone and that is where Corbin falls behind.... When you do do to their FL store... take notes and try and talk to a manager... good luck, keep us poste... If you do a search on Corbin on this forum, you will fine many stories.... The search engine sometimes can really be a big help....

Old 02-06-2008 | 09:24 AM
CigarCritic
Road Master

Did you give them your dimensions when ordering?

Did you read their return policy before ordering? If so, you would not be here slamming Corbin as their policy clearly states and I'll paste it for you....

"Product will only be authorized to be shipped back, freight pre-paid for refining of shape or to replace / rectify defective parts. In cases where a rework requires a new cover, a recover charge will be applied."

Old 02-06-2008 | 09:25 AM
Fishguy001
Road Captain

I'd say offering to make it fit your rear end is taking care of you after the sale.

Old 02-06-2008 | 09:34 AM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior

Yep, Corbin doesn't deserve to be in business. Once they get their money, the customer is screwwed if anything is wrong. They do not care about their product once it is paid for, they don't care about making things right once it's paid for, they just don't care.
Consider yourself lucky if you happen to get lucky and have a seat that fits right, was made right, and feels right on the first try. My seat didn't fit right, called and talked at length with Octavio, and he insists I was putting the seat on wrong. I also talked about the material it was made out of, supposed to be sharkskin, I got elephant. In case you don't know the difference, shark is smooth, elephant looks like it might have been Rosie O'Donnel's thigh with all the cellulite included. He insisted I ordered elephant, even though my ticket/reciept showed shark.
That will be the last money Corbin ever sees from me, and I try my damnest to get others talked out of giving them their money too.
Corbin SUCKS!!!!!

Old 02-06-2008 | 09:38 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Chicago Spike
He insisted I ordered elephant, even though my ticket/reciept showed shark.
That will be the last money Corbin ever sees from me, and I try my damnest to get others talked out of giving them their money too.
Corbin SUCKS!!!!!
Didja call your CC company and dispute the charges??

Quick Reply: Corbin Seat's Beware