Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seat's Beware

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008 | 07:43 PM
goodwrnch03
Intermediate
Default RE: Corbin Seat's Beware

First off i will say i have had three Corbin Seats. The first two were PERFECT.

Therefore i ordered one for my 08 UC. When it got here i could not beliove it. Looked likea banana seat off a 70's Schwinn. Very narrow, set further back and wife's perch was extremely tight with the backrest on. The bottom side of the seat rested on the bolts for the saddle bag guard rails. In 5 miles it had rubbed holes on the bottom sides and tore the leather.

After a month of discussion with Corbin they done the right thing and accepted the seat for return. All though it took me anohter month to get the CC credited.

I think they just missed the boat with the design of this seat. I would be interested in any one else who has put a Corbin on an 08 UC.

I will say that Allen at Mean City Cycles can do anything you want to a seat. Give him a call and tell him what you want. He made my factory seat into a perfect ride.....

Bo

Old 02-06-2008 | 09:20 PM
03sporty
|
Cruiser

I didn't even get a chance to try to use the seat. I know of the comfort level, I just can't sit flat footed.

Old 02-06-2008 | 09:54 PM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

ORIGINAL: pounder35

Wow you guys are scaring me I'm ready to pull the trigger on there sport touring seat.

I'm lucky though I live about 50 miles away from there factory in Hollister. There telling me I can ride there in the morning take my measurements and customize a seat in about 3hrs.

Should I still do this??

I have to change the stock seat it's terrible my back can't take it anymore.

I just did mine last Friday in Holister and I would do it again tomorrow. They seemed a little disorganized, but the process was very much tailored to me and making me happy - I took more like 5 hours ..... but I got a free meal and a tour of the factory and talked with a bunch of folks - a good day off from work and so far it is the most comfortable seat I have ever had ( new 08 solo)

Old 02-06-2008 | 11:57 PM
mystgld
Tourer

All the Corbin bashing but knowbody mentions the good things Corbin does do.When new models of bikes come out they needs bikes to use as a template so to speak for fitting purposes. Every year when the brand new models come out they offer to make someone a brand new seat of their choice just for letting them use your bike to make some molds.If you are in Cali when the new models come out in August you can check their site and if trhey haven't had someone bring that year and model in yet you can ride away with a Brand new saddle " of your choice at no cost" Now i would say that is pretty good Customer service.

Old 02-07-2008 | 09:02 AM
Big Peter
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: 03sporty

I never even had achance to try the seat, to even see how hard it was. But I agree, I'll tell all the people I know. DON'T BUY CORBIN !!!
You are entitled to have your own opinion, but it's not fair
to say that Corbin sucks.
Customer Service helped me out several times, and I really
love my Corbin saddle.
You can't blame Corbin for having short legs or a bike that's too high.
IMHO you should try before you buy.

Old 02-07-2008 | 09:38 AM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: mystgld

All the Corbin bashing but knowbody mentions the good things Corbin does do.When new models of bikes come out they needs bikes to use as a template so to speak for fitting purposes. Every year when the brand new models come out they offer to make someone a brand new seat of their choice just for letting them use your bike to make some molds.If you are in Cali when the new models come out in August you can check their site and if trhey haven't had someone bring that year and model in yet you can ride away with a Brand new saddle " of your choice at no cost" Now i would say that is pretty good Customer service.
I'd say it's a lot cheaper for them to give a seat away than to purchase a bike! Think how much money they will make from that mold! It's all about their profit. Ya think!!!!!