Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seat's Beware

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008 | 02:12 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Corbin Seat's Beware

I am one that loves my Corbin Close Solo. I bought it from a discount dealer so I did not get any of the free options like fitting, studs choice of leather and stuff. It fits me pretty good could be a little narrower at the nose.
I am getting a new one (for a new bike) with a passenger pad and my choice of leather and fitting. They say if you give them your inseam and type of bike they can fit it.

If I lived within a days ride to one of their shops I would ride in and have it custom fitted. Like someone said it is like buying a pair of shoes without trying them on.

Old 02-06-2008 | 02:17 PM
IronLegend
Tourer

Corbins aren't for me anyway...too hard, sat on one a couple of years back. I like soft andsofa-like so went toa Mustang, no problems with it but to each their own.

Old 02-06-2008 | 02:25 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member

I owned one Corbin seat and really liked it and the service from the company.It took about 1,500 miles of riding to break it in to my contors,but then it was the most comfortable seat I have owned.When I get ready to upgrade my present rides seat,it will be another Corbin

Old 02-06-2008 | 02:27 PM
texaspirate
Road Captain

I can understand your issues overall, but I have not had any issues with Corbin. Even when I lost a screw for the seat back, I wrote them and a new one came in the mail 4 days later. No charge! The seat is a bit hard, but I only have it on my Dyna Wide Glide. As for the UC seat, I do not have a problem with it. I have found it is better to get your stock seat modified through Mean City and they do have great customer service.

Old 02-06-2008 | 02:31 PM
extech
Road Master

Never had a problem with them.......
A seat is a difficult thing to buy sight unseen or without a "test ride"

Old 02-06-2008 | 03:39 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

i can understand your disappointment, but i really haven't seen where corbin did you wrong. very few seat manufacturers will take a seat back once its been used. mustang is the only 1 that i know of that recommends that you ride it for a few days before making a final determination, but if you scuff it during that time, well, its yours. what you are looking for is a 'nose job'. i bought my seat from zanottis (through drag spec) and wanted to send it back for the nose job. out of the box, it sits a little lower, but the front is too wide so it makes it hard to flat foot. because i didn't buy it from them, they wanted me to send it back to zanottis, and zanottis could then send it to them for warranty repair. i spoke with sergio (at the ormond beach shop) and he was able to cut out the middleman. i sent it direct to corbin (ca), they reshaped it, and sent it back. they even changed the locking mech out and sent me new keys (i didn't send them with the seat and i guess they needed to mount it?)

yes, the seat is hard. but that will actually make it more comfortable in the long run. a seat that is too soft will create 'hot spots' when riding any kind of distance.

as far as doing the ride in appts in ormond, they goofed with the zoning and florida is a real stickler for that. they are not zoned for 'manufacturing' there, only as a showroom. yes that sucks, i'm in la and i could get to ormond in a day or two, whereas it would take 4 or 5 to get to hollister.

talk to sergio when you get there. he is trying to improve their overall image. i'm happy with what they did for me.

Old 02-06-2008 | 04:40 PM
03sporty
|
Cruiser

I guess Corbin hasn't really done me wrong yet. The seat is not used at all. I never left my garage. When I seen that I couldn't be flat footed I took the seat off and put back on the stock seat. I guess when I called this morning to tell Chuck my problems, he even started to laugh a little. I was not pleased with that. Here I'm telling someone about a problem with a product that I bought from them; I didn't find any humor. I just wish that when I had ordered the seat he would have asked me more questions, like height and inseam. And also explained to me that all sales were final. So when I get there I'll ask for Sergio and see what they can do for me. And I know the seats are very comfortable, thats why I bought one. My wife and I are very active in our HOG chapter and tend to do a lot of long distance riding. We even went up to Georgia once just to have lunch.

Old 02-06-2008 | 05:03 PM
hoosierdaddy
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 03sporty

I just bought a Corbin seat for my 07, Ultra. Out of the box seat. It fit the bike great, but not me. called customer service what a hassle. First of all the seat seems to wide or something. Only the ***** of my feet touch the ground. So I explained this to them and they won't take the seat back. They want to send it to California to be cut down. Approx. 3 weeks turn around. What bulls*&t. I told the guy how can you be sure if you cut it down that it will still fit me? Shouldn't me the bike and the seat be there. I live about 2-1/2 hours from Ormand Beach. So now hes agreed to let me come over there. I just can't believe that they won't take it back to give any kind of refund. What kind of company is that. So I guess Saturday I will be riding over there, and will see what happens.
Why don't you have a local upholstery shop cut it down , that way you are available to test the seat before they reassemble it .

Old 02-06-2008 | 05:08 PM
bigjohn1percenter
Tourer

i'm sitting on my forth corbin, and after you ride the bike and break it in toyour ***, its a great seat, i took the classic solo off my road king when i sold it and put it on my new road glide, change the dash so it would work with the bike, you should have lookd around and tried some other makes before you dumped your money into a seat, remember, corbin didnt need your money, you wanted their seat

Old 02-06-2008 | 07:19 PM
Forget About It
Banned

sorry you had trouble i have used corbins on all my bikes and loved them and customer service took good care of me

Quick Reply: Corbin Seat's Beware