Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seat's Beware

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008 | 11:42 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Corbin Seat's Beware

Do it you won't have a chance to get a custom made seat like that,there is a nice cafe right there and plenty to look at in their show room.But the seat will seem hard at first.

Old 02-06-2008 | 11:44 AM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior

Could be they treat their neighbors better than they do their long distant customers. Never thought of that, but makes sense that you would want the people closest to your factory to be the happiest so they don't drop by every other day complaining

Old 02-06-2008 | 11:45 AM
G$
Road Captain
From: LexVegas, KY...home of fast wimmen & beautiful horses

Sorry 'boutchur customer service luck. Kinda par 4 da course w/ Corbin. Sounds like at least they'r tryin to make it right.

I've had 3 Corbin custom saddles and think they'r the best on the market, bar none. Would buy anudda in a minute. Yes,their CS leaves a lot to be desired. Quite common knowledge thru out cyber space. Knowing full well, I purchased a set of their beetle bags ($1800)a few yrs ago and they suck'd a$$ (fit,finish, paint, hardware, etc).Actually had to send em back THREE freakin times.What a nightmare~

Here's the funny part: back then I blasted 'em e'ry chance I got on the boards. Ruthlessly. Seems that ol' Mike Corbin advises his service reps (in my case, Octavio) to check out these boards and see what they can do to make things better.Because I didn't get anywhere over the phone. Only when Octavio contacted me directly via a PM on a forum did he finally make things right by me. So I bit my tongue when needed & offer'd to retort.

FACT: They make a great seat cuzlot of peeps still buy em.FACT: Their customer service still sucks. Evidenced by this thread.

I know dis prolly don't help ur case, but now u know. Always do ur research bfo droppin the dime. ~GOOD LUCK~

Old 02-06-2008 | 12:17 PM
03sporty
|
Cruiser

That's all I can hope for at this time, when I get there Saturday that Chuck, or some other manager can resolve the problem. Like I told him you have other seats there don't you. Maybe a different model will work one shot.

Old 02-06-2008 | 12:25 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member

Special Order any part from the dealer and see if they'll take it back.... Doesn't happen...
There isn't one seat out there that fits everyone. I have had many Corbin Seats of a lot of different Bikes.. I have always ordered from the Ca shop and told them how I wanted it cut. Only once did I go up to Hollister and had them make a seat while I waited.. And that was the BEST RIDING SEAT I EVER OWNED

Old 02-06-2008 | 12:29 PM
03sporty
|
Cruiser

That must be nice.... I wish they had that here in Florida. With all the bike stuff always going on right down the road from Daytona, you would think Corbin would do that at this location as well. Its possible some of the installer there may no a trick or two. Will see.

Old 02-06-2008 | 12:53 PM
Branded
Road Master

I have 3 Corbin seats and they all fit me fine. But then again I'm not vertically challanged.
The ole lady has no complaints with Cobin either.

Old 02-06-2008 | 01:11 PM
03sporty
|
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Branded

I have 3 Corbin seats and they all fit me fine. But then again I'm not vertically challanged.
The ole lady has no complaints with Cobin either.
I wouldn't say I'm exactly short, but no giant either. 5'9"

Old 02-06-2008 | 01:28 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned

Corbin is the best seat on the mkt....if you can ride in for a custom i'd think it'd be even better....yes i own a Corbin

Old 02-06-2008 | 01:41 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member

Just installed a Corbin Classic Solo with Rider Backrest. I love sitting on the seat but when the bike is running I feel vibration that wasn't there with my Sundowner. Also the backrest vibrates my kidneys!
Another surprise was the seat height. Raises me up to where the top of my windshield is at eye level. I was looking through it with the stock seat and also my sundowner seat. When you look at the seats profile it appears to be lowere than the stock seat. Wrong!
Also had a heck of a time getting it to mount. The rear tongue would not fit properly under the bracket. i had to put a washer onder the front spike to make it fit. I'm still not sure it's on right but it feels secure.
Overall, I'm disappointed.

Quick Reply: Corbin Seat's Beware