Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seat's Beware

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008 | 09:45 AM
03sporty
|
Cruiser
Default RE: Corbin Seat's Beware

As far as giving them my inseam or height, I didn't know I was suppose to give that. I didn't really think I would have problem. I've bought other aftermarket seat and never had a problem. I figured I'd try the Corbin because a couple of buddie have them and love them. My friend has an 07 Ultra SE. with the same seat as what they sent me. Isat on his bike last night. No problem, my feet touch the ground. WTF. So I told this to the guy at Corbin. I said is it a possibility that the seat was made wrong. Maybe we can try a different one. He agreed. I do have names, actutally I've been dealing only with one guy there.

Old 02-06-2008 | 09:50 AM
CigarCritic
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 03sporty
As far as giving them my inseam or height, I didn't know I was suppose to give that.
Step 3. on the order form ask for Height, Weight and Inseam.

Old 02-06-2008 | 10:06 AM
swomack
Road Master

I had one on my last bike and it sucked. I bought it based on the looks and I had it put on the bike when I bought it so I had never rode on the stock seat. My wife hated it becuase after 30 minutes it was like sitting on the rim of a bucket. No matter how much you condition the leather once it starts looking like chit its going to stay that way.

Old 02-06-2008 | 10:13 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member

I have delivered freight there to Corbin when I lived in Calif.they really are good to deal with if you are there and have the seat fitted while you are there,have hung out at the Wizzard cafe right there at Corbin and have talked to different folks and employees,they say the seats are hard at first ,then breakin,after about a thousand miles,you are better off a little firmer than too softon long runs,seems like you sink into the soft cushion and hit bottom,not so on something a little firmer.

Old 02-06-2008 | 10:25 AM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior

No, I got the seat in the fall, called Corbin right away and told them I really wanted it for a long trip and they said "use it and we will log this into our records and we can fix it over the winter". I thought that was great for them to offer this option to me, never realizing that this delay would only end up hurting me in the long run [:@]

Old 02-06-2008 | 10:34 AM
US Rider
Cruiser

I have had Corbin seats on two diffrent bikes, when Igot my SG, my first purchase was a Corbin Classic Solo.They seem to fit me well right out of the box, and I can ride all day long, day after day on them. My wife has one on her bike too. She is short, and the seat didn't allow her to touch the ground flat footed either. She worked with Corbin (Hollister) on the phone,they seemed to know what would work for her, and it did. She is now very happy with her choice. I think there return pollicy is a poor choice as well, at least for stock seats. I would give them a chance though. Based on my wifes experience there is a good chance they will come through for you.

Old 02-06-2008 | 10:42 AM
03sporty
|
Cruiser

I'm going to give it a try. I mean the weather is great. I don't mind a nice 300 mile ride on Saturday. Like I told Chuck at Corbin. Maybe theres another seat that may work better for me. Will see.

Old 02-06-2008 | 10:51 AM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

As you see - Corbin is a Love it or hate it kinda seat....

Chicago Spikes problems seem to be common among the 'mail order' and I really do not get it.... When at the Hollister factory - the service is 100% the other way... The rider/owner is there while the seat is being made and as far as AFTER the sale... again, in Hollister it is great... I have gone back and had work done up to and including having the cover removed and put back on.... NO Charge - HOWEVER< that is there and NOT on mail order.... good luck...

Old 02-06-2008 | 11:20 AM
pounder35
Tourer

Wow you guys are scaring me I'm ready to pull the trigger on there sport touring seat.

I'm lucky though I live about 50 miles away from there factory in Hollister. There telling me I can ride there in the morning take my measurements and customize a seat in about 3hrs.

Should I still do this??

I have to change the stock seat it's terrible my back can't take it anymore.

Old 02-06-2008 | 11:41 AM
hotpursuit
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: 03sporty

I never even had achance to try the seat, to even see how hard it was. But I agree, I'll tell all the people I know. DON'T BUY CORBIN !!!

i havent had an issue with corbin at all... in fact i tell all the people i know to buy corbin there the best seat ive ever had... guess thats why there is different companies

Quick Reply: Corbin Seat's Beware