Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 11:31 AM
paulinwmass
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Road Glide Windshield

[blockquote]

ORIGINAL: paulinwmass

I am looking at a windshield from www.calsci.comfor my RG. He is prototyping one that i will be testing next week. Check out his design specs here.
http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Fairing.html He uses vents to elimante back pressure created by the wind moving over and around the windshield
and makes the shield wider to push the air farther out. I'd be interested to hear what other riders think of his theory and method.

paul
[/blockquote]

ORIGINAL:speedglide
Got any pics? Lookin' forward to some more info....

I received the prototype a week ago. Windshield was a little tall for me but the vents did reduce noise and made for a calmer ride between 35 and 50 mph. Still significant buffeting at 65 mph the target zone. I gave the feedback to Mark Lawernce of calsic he had me open up the vents by one inch side and bottom. Made the quiet zone bigger 30 - 55 mph nice and calm. But buffeting still there at 65 and up less but still more than i wanted. I fowarded him that info last Sunday and i haven't heard anything back yet. Not sure what that means. I am going no windshield today to see what that is like. If i get no repsonse from Mark i will definitely be looking af the Klockwerks.

Here is a link to some pics.

http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/g...%20windshield/

Old 04-05-2008, 11:56 AM
fbn ent
Cruiser

These are motorcycles we are talking about here right? You should expect wind! If you don't want so much "buffeting" you should have bought a bat wing style bike.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:59 AM
oilhog
Tourer

Memphis shades $79.00 waaay better than stock.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Bryant
Novice

These are motorcycles we are talking about here right? You should expect wind! If you don't want so much "buffeting" you should have bought a bat wing style bike.

+1

Old 04-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Xtreme
Tourer

All klock werks parts are very good in fitment and quality, you will really like that windshield, let us know if you get one

Old 04-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Xtreme
Tourer

are you kidding me there is no bike worse for wind buffering then a bat wing bike

Old 04-05-2008, 05:19 PM
fbn ent
Cruiser

I dunno 'bout that....................rode my '84 FLH for 18 years and found the "buffeting" that I believe everyone is complaining about to be minimal. I went to a RG to get away from, I think I'll call it (perhaps incorrectly), wind shear, where the wind and passing air at speed tends to affect the handling of the machine. For sure there is more air on a RG. You can't go fast enough to keep the rain from falling in your lap due to the fairing being so much farther forward.

Old 04-05-2008, 05:54 PM
cderider
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my 12 inch KlockWerks on for a couple of weeks now and it works well for me. I'm 5'8" about 210lbs and find I have clean are instead of "buffuting". I think I just found my main Shield. That said I allways remember I'm on a motorcycle so a little bit of wind, rain or maybe a bug is just part of the deal. It is after all a SHORT shield but I find that for me it cleans up the air flow better than the POS stocker.

Old 04-05-2008, 05:59 PM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too liked the look of the KW shield, but after reading some of the results, I'm going with the Clearview GT large. I guess I've been spoiled with the great protection on the Heritage windshield. I can smoke behind that thing at 70 if I want too.

I'm 6'1 and right now the RG is no fun to ride at any speed above 50mph with the factory 12" sheild. That's even with the soft lowerson as well.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:31 PM
fbn ent
Cruiser

I find mine fun to ride up to and including 110 mph. Stock 12"

Quick Reply: Road Glide Windshield