Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 11:23 AM
uweldit
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Road Glide Windshield

Prglide,

Thanks for the info. Trying to sort out what works and what does not.

Your feedback on parameters takes the subjectiveness out of the equation.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Possum64
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No lowers, no tour pak, stock hieght, Heritage bars, stock mirrors, 1/2 helmet and a partridge in a freakin pear tree.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:19 PM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 143 Likes on 61 Posts

man, I really want one of these things for their looks, but I need a shield I can ride 500-1000 miles a day without getting beat up.

like a lot of people, I read every post that gets put up on them trying to figure out if it will work for me or not. unfortunately, I am still dazed and confused...

Old 03-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Eddy G
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: steveh326

man, I really want one of these things for their looks, but I need a shield I can ride 500-1000 miles a day without getting beat up.

like a lot of people, I read every post that gets put up on them trying to figure out if it will work for me or not. unfortunately, I am still dazed and confused...
Hey, I've been doing the same thing and do a lot of the same type of riding.

But I've come to the conclusion this isn't the shield for me.

Like most I love the look and was really looking for a reason to buy one but from all the info (including the stuff from Brian at Klock Works) I can't see this working for me.

I'll stay with and order another clearview when needed.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:26 PM
scootertramp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone tried the 9" smoked windshield from Harley? I like my stock but it's ugly as helland my 4.5" looks great but is worthless except in the Summer. I'd like sumpthin in the middle for my run to Washington State next month!
07 RG, 13" apes. C&C seat 1 1/4" lower and back. I'm 5'8". The stocker is sweet for me...

Old 03-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Eddy G
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

The biggest problem with the HD windshields is the angle. They stand up way to strait.

This causes it to act like a battering ram in the wind. I don't understand how they haven't figured that out by now. Or how it breaks the lines of the bike.

By bringing the top of the shield closer to the rider and increasing the angle Clearview windshields work better and look better. I know there are others but Clearview is the best I've found.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Ultrasweet
Road Captain

For the life of me I can't understand how something like a windshield can give so many different results. I was one of the first ones to try this shield and I reported similar negative results and got criticized for my report. I thought the looks were second to none. However contrary to what the dealer reported I felt as though the wind was hitting me right in the chest and above. Besides the wind which was the only thing the dealer said would change, the noise was way worse than with the stock. Many others disagreed with me saying they thought it was everything that the dealer represented and more. I am glad there are others that see it the same as me. I am still perplexed however as to how there can be so many different results. By the way, mine is in the back seat of my truck and won't go back on til the summer. T.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:43 PM
nedster
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I have the hd 9 inch clear;it is the most miserable shield I have ever ridden behind. That shield will take your glasses right off your head. I currently run the 12" klockwerks and I am 6'3". I like the shield;does it give you the protection of the stock shield? Absolutely not!!! But it works very well for a short shield. I guess it does not bother me as much because I always felt the RG had a lot of wind swirling around in the first place. With the fairing extended further than the batwing I am just use to it. But, shields are like everything else (pipes,seats)subjective to thelikes ofthe end user.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:42 AM
scootertramp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eddie G/ Nedster - Thanks for the responses. I don't think I'll waste the dinero on the HD 9". I rode down to Sacto this morning at 3:30 (2:30 before daylight savings) and the stocker allows me to listen to the Radio at 85mph. I'm just not willing to lose that! I didn't run a windshield till 2000. (man did my sons give me sh*t about that) I added one to my hotrod evo that was given to me before Sturgis that year. I rode that bike to work all last week and let me tell you the Glideis a lot easier on you than the windshield on my softail. All these complaints but I can honestly tell you that I don't understand them. I rode from 1971 - 2000 without any type of protection, front fenders included, and I'm really liking the protection the stock RG windshield is providing. Guess I'll leave it on for nexrt months trip and go back to my black 4.5" for Summer. I can still hear the radiop with the 4 1/2" er as long as I lightly cover my ears. That keeps the wind out but allows the tunes in. Maybe I'll try a clearview later on down the road. If I want to style I'll ride one of my other bikes....

Old 03-11-2008, 12:23 PM
dedecaster
6th Gear

Like PRrdglide said is thrue.

Haved the 12 in. installed last week at seminol harley.i'm 5-8, stock 07 RG.First, I have to buy a rubber band to hold my sunglasse.I run 1100 m. around DAYTONA last week and all PRrdglide said is very thrue nothing more ou less.The only thing worst than this fairing is the 4 in. h-d black air deflector.

Than I read the litterature of this fairing and you see a fine lady who look very short ( petite and sexy ) on a racing RG sitting probably on a little racing seat into a wind tunel.This fairing was designe for HER and seriously not for my.

Quick Reply: Road Glide Windshield