Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

They wouldn't even talk to me as a buyer.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008 | 01:12 AM
heywood727
Road Master
Default RE: They wouldn't even talk to me as a buyer.

Hey munch34m... I know your feeling. The south end has always treated me well. If they haven't got it... They'll tell you where and who to see for a discount. Because of that, how well they treat my daughter & I, always have time to chat or offer you a coffee...Goes along way.

North side had the bike on the floor in the color and options I wanted. Offered $500 if I took it home that day. Went to the south side and told them that. They beat it and I signed on the line for the 08.

I may have to wait till March 1st for my scooter, but I'm glad they beat it. I felt better after how well they've treated me in the past but, $500 is $500. I would've felt like $hit if I would've pulled up with the bike from the north side. I would've done it if they'd matched it. Beating it was so much better.

Can't ride till the end of March anyway and I get a virgin bike that hasn't had every fool sitting onwhile mashing the gears on the floor.

I hope that you get the same experience as I do from the south side. They've always ran my bike in when I needed something quick and the girls on the clothing side go way and above. North side has the "We're doing you a favor" attitude. Southside... "I'm doing THEM a favor" They've been great to me when I bought my 02 from them and they've earned my business. While on warranty, I let them do the service and wrench my own when it's off. Even though north side is closer...... I still prefer the customer service in the south.

See you around Whyte Ave.

Old 02-06-2008 | 01:32 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member

They say, "HEY BOBBY" and your name is HACK... Now that's funny!!

Old 02-06-2008 | 03:05 AM
24guns
Cruiser

Had one here too...

Walked in to a Harrisburg HD dealer one Saturday in my jeans, sneakers and dusty carhart jacket.
3 sales dudes plunking around the joint and not one looked at me.

A few weeks later I stopped and picked up a part for my buddy at the same location. Dressednearly the same as it was dress down Friday, yeah I know.
Strolled over to the used/new section of bikes and proceeded to look interested. Again, plenty of folk, no attention.

One more stop for my buddy, this time on a Wed night right after work. I go there dressed in my business clothes. I barely made it to the parts counter before being attacked by 2 salesmen.

Come on now, what gives here? So I asked about two bikes, talked numbers and called them the next day with an offer. Sales guy said, "I think we can do that" and needed to talk to his boss. He never called me back after that.

To this day I will not step foot in that stealership. These things Im sure led to them not receiving their Sheild and Bar dealership thingy for the last two years.

Reap what ye sow.

Lucky for me I found Iron Valley in Manheim. Great experience. My sales guy keeps in touch with "Hey how are ya's?" and invites me on rides with he and his wife, etc..

It's a unique feeling to walk out of any kind of dealership and feel like you've been given an honest deal and treated with respect before, during and after.

I can't comment much on their service other than the one time I needed them they were there in full gutso. I had a tour pak latch crack off about two weeks after I picked her up. Called over, they had the part in stock. I rode over that day and was planning on fixing it myself. No dice, my sales guy saw I was there - gave me the part for free and had a tech install while I wait. Sure, it wasn't a cam job, but he could have easily shrugged his shoulders and left me to fend for myself.

Old 02-06-2008 | 05:23 AM
rickoshay45
Road Master

Many of us have had the same kind of experience with Bruce Rossmeyer's Dealerships. We were looking at a nightster for the wife and we didn't buy it because we did not like tha attitude of the sales staff.

Old 02-06-2008 | 05:36 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member

Yep sound exactly like the dealer in Allen, TX
I will never step into that place again.[:'(]

Old 02-06-2008 | 06:22 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member

Hack, I wouldn't deny myself entry to Rossmeyers because of a bad sales experience or expect much satisfaction from confronting the sales geek or GM. Truth be told, they just don't care & really don't need too.

I am surprised at the number of local riders with similar tales. 1of2, & Fla Glide, I had a reasonably similar experience. I talked to one of Rossmeyer's sales geeks about a Road Glide. They had one on the floor at a reasonable discount. Since I was tradin' a BMW I wanted to nail down the sales price but needed a day or two to decide about the color. Went through the sales routine, & the double team routine, but they refused to give me a price. Said they would quote a price the day I was ready to purchase. No point in me gettin' angry or upset. I did exactly what you guys did, I called Seminole over in Sanford. Got a price for the bike over the phone, told 'em what I wanted for my BMW, & they said that if the BMW was in good condition they could deal.
I rode the BMW over the next day, confirmed the price & left. The next day both me & the wife rode over, made the trade & rode the Road Glide home.

I still go into Rossmeyers & even asked the service mgr. about take-off parts for mounting a tourpac. He went to look, & came back with just what I needed. When I asked how much they wanted for the part, he said "here, you can have it". Not everyone at Rossmeyers is a jerk. Even the sales geeks are polite. If they don't want to make the effort to sell, well, "it's just business". I gave up trainin' idiots long ago. They're makin' more of 'em than I can handle...............

Old 02-06-2008 | 11:20 AM
mrblister
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Jinks
"I gave up trainin' idiots long ago. They're makin' more of 'em than I can handle"
Excellent.

Old 02-06-2008 | 11:42 AM
Dogwood
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Fla Glide

I had the same problem with Dest. Daytona when I was looking for my Bagger... I called them up asked what they had for used and just a price range.... They saidI had to come in and see for myself, I told them I didnt want to drive over there just too see that had only 16k and up used baggers. Their reply was if I didnt someone would... I called Seminole Harley in Sanford they told me what they had and prices.... 2 hr's later I was riding it home.. Dest Daytona will never see my $$$$ for anything
Same here, I wouldn't bother with Bruce Rosemeyer's Destination Daytona, it'll be a waste of your time.
Seminole HD is a nice ride from Daytona, or go to St. Augustine HD, either one is a huge improvement.

Old 02-06-2008 | 11:44 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

I knew of a Colombian who went to the 1979 Miami boat show. He walked up the stairs onto the brand new model 53 Hatteras Sportfish. Price 1/4 of a Mil. One of the biggest, if not the most expensive production boat made at that time.

Everyone ignored him until the youngest/least experienced salesman went up to him and asked if he could help. The Colombian took a walk around, asked a few questions, asked how much, than said how long until he could take delivery of the second one also. The boats name was the El Pescado. Two years later he wound up on the wrong side of an unsolved murder in Miami.

Old 02-06-2008 | 11:47 AM
Phurion
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: FastHarley

I knew of a Colombian who went to the 1979 Miami boat show. He walked up the stares onto the brand new model 53 Hatteras. One of the biggest, if not the most expensive production boat made at that time.

Everyone ignored him until the youngest/least experienced salesman went up to him and asked if he could help. The Colombian took a walk around, asked a few questions, asked how much, than said how long until he could take delivery of the second one also. The boats name was the El Pescado. Two years later he wound up on the wrong side of an unsolved murder in Miami.
The Columbian, or the least experienced salesman?

Heh...if the latter...YOIKS!

Quick Reply: They wouldn't even talk to me as a buyer.