Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to expect for 09

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 06:09 PM
ridemhard
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to expect for 09

Does anyone think HD will have a newly designed Touring model possibly using the VRod engine? I would love to see them get into the 21st Century. Don't get me wrong, I love my bike but I think it's time they move away from the the V twin. I know with the 96cc I doubt they will ever get rid of the twin, but it would be nice to have a couple of choices.

Would love to hear others thoughts on this!

Old 02-05-2008, 06:14 PM
FXSTCHEWY
Advanced
Default RE: What to expect for 09

ORIGINAL: ridemhard

Does anyone think HD will have a newly designed Touring model possibly using the VRod engine? I would love to see them get into the 21st Century. Don't get me wrong, I love my bike but I think it's time they move away from the the V twin. I know with the 96cc I doubt they will ever get rid of the twin, but it would be nice to have a couple of choices.

Would love to hear others thoughts on this!

Vrod motor is still a V-twin............what do ya want a 4-cylinder?

Old 02-05-2008, 06:22 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't much about v-rod, but I know it is a v-twin. I think it is water-cooled. Wouldn't that call for a water pump? To me its just something else to break down. I like my bike because it is air-cooled. Sadly though, I think the water cooled touring Harley is coming. You reckon as Harley goes to bigger and bigger engines, that being water-cooled will be a necessity.

Hack

Old 02-05-2008, 06:28 PM
ridemhard
Intermediate

Correction......duh...meant to say liquid cool........

Old 02-05-2008, 06:28 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh man, I'm not the one to ask. I'm no pro, but I had an 87 Porsche 911, rear engine air cooled. The new Porsches are gorgeous, but I'd rather have an 87. I guess I'm a goof. I had a 62 Vette... what a great machine... I could even mess with the engine. The new ones don't even sound like a Vette.... I had a Vulcan Classic 1600 Water Cooled and it really hummed... I sold it after 2 monthsand bought an 08 RKC with an air cooled engine. I don't know, I never got used to 911's with water and I'm not sure I could get used to a HD with water. I think the VROD is a gorgeous bike and I'd rather have that than a Kawai if that was the style I liked, but when it comes to... oh forget it. I hope the Motor Company always runs V Twins air cooled. The water just doesn't look as clean. Ride safe and have a great night!

Old 02-05-2008, 06:33 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Add me as another traditionalist.

Ya want water cooled, go git a VTX.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the writing is on the wall that a liquid cooled harley tourer will come in the not too distant future, but I don't think in 09. Between 07 and 08 HD made a lot of changes, I would think it would be at least a couple of model years before they make another big change. Hopefully they will just improve on what's already there and make it even better than the 08s.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:41 PM
tjmac49
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Windup08

I think the writing is on the wall that a liquid cooled harley tourer will come in the not too distant future, but I don't think in 09. Between 07 and 08 HD made a lot of changes, I would think it would be at least a couple of model years before they make another big change. Hopefully they will just improve on what's already there and make it even better than the 08s.
Windup08: You are probably not too far off in your prediction - I'm suspecting the 2010 models.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:43 PM
nedster
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

aaaah the speculation of the future!!! Change in the touring frames for 09, somthing to do with factory trikes!!! A good friends daughters boyfriends brother told me that!!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Forget About It
Banned

damn already on the 09 stufff i heard a 231" 3 cylinder

Quick Reply: What to expect for 09