Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to expect for 09

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What to expect for 09

That's actually not as bad as I'd imagined.

Still not completely sold on that engines looks though. There's just something about the external push rods and the breather that I like. Having neither of those on the VRod engine...it's almost a travesty to call it a Harley engine. Then again, I'm sure some (a lot?) feel that way about a water cooled HD engine too, so...

Old 02-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Gutman
Road Master

I think a V-Rod engine in a Bagger would suck. No torque and you would have to keep the rev's up to make any power. Charging system would need complete overhaul, engine is too tall, induction system would mean changing frame, and fairing.Although ROCKNROD, that is an awesome looking photoshop. Nice work.

How's this sound. Bigger bore, maybe 100 or 108 cubic inch, direct injected with water cooled heads.Head technology much like the new Buell 1125R. Radiators incorporated into the lowers. Direct Injection lowers fuel economy and emmissions, will work in conjunction with the FBW, water cooled heads will still allow for finned V-Twin appearence and styling. Lowers would shroud the radiator so Willie G. didn't have to see them. Bottom end and trans could remain the same.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:00 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

your are not looking in the right spot. Try the west coast of FL. Most is done @ night. They pay x-Racers to ride & keep their mouth shut. Looks like 2010 Liquid is in for most if not all bikes. No buddy is saying for sure.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Gutman
Road Master

Very true, very true. Harley's test facility is in Naples FL. Right up against the Everglades. Harley doesn't only pay old racers, they have plenty of experienced riders that put these bikes and other manufactures bikes through the same testing. Don't count on seeing anything though. The Evaluation Center was purchased from Ford and is about as secure as Area 51. Large pines cover the facility and security is tight. Most bikes are spray painted all black to hide anything and hardly ever hit the street. If they do they are forbidden to stop and leave parked anywhere. For those who might have only heard or not know Harleys testing is far above any other manufactures. I would say the only rivals are the racing expense and testing of the metrics. MOCO does it will all models and models to be or not to be.

Go here for a peek. Follow up and down, the large strighway with circles on each end is used by Rousch, Nascar teams and other manufactures also. Must suck to ride a Harley at 140 mph each day and get paid. Have fun http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=26.16...69328,-81.5003

Old 02-06-2008, 05:20 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gutman

MOCO does it will all models and models to be or not to be.
huh? english please

Old 02-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

"What to expect for 09"?

I've heard from a reliable source that there will be minor changes and slight price increases.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:30 PM
IBHarley
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not bad but I want pipes on both sides

Old 02-06-2008, 06:22 PM
dropone
Supporter

It needs to be beer cooled.[sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 02-06-2008, 06:38 PM
MyRide
Advanced

I heard Harley will have a production trike in 09 and the Touring bikes will be water cooled in 2010.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:47 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ridemhard

Does anyone think HD will have a newly designed Touring model possibly using the VRod engine? I would love to see them get into the 21st Century. Don't get me wrong, I love my bike but I think it's time they move away from the the V twin. I know with the 96cc I doubt they will ever get rid of the twin, but it would be nice to have a couple of choices.

Would love to hear others thoughts on this!

Yeah they need more change. When will the straighten out all the problems they have now. Sometimes to much change creates even more problems. Time to get away from the v-twin??[]

Quick Reply: What to expect for 09