Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to expect for 09

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 07:04 PM
TN Houndog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 197 Likes on 116 Posts
Default RE: What to expect for 09

You all might as well get ready for a water cooled Harley. They have already pulled about all the "tricks" they can for the EPA and still be air cooled. The next round of regulations tightening will just about spell the end of air cooling for everybody. Look at the bright side. With water cooling we won't have to worry about overheating in traffic, and the horsepower can go WAAAAY up.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:07 PM
DZLDR
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG!! ya think they will market it as a
TRI-POD????
ORIGINAL: tatt2dave

damn already on the 09 stufff i heard a 231" 3 cylinder

Old 02-05-2008, 08:07 PM
FXSTCHEWY
Advanced

They WILL have to hide that ugly radiator if they hope to EVER get my dough, If I want watercooled I can buy Jap cheaper. S&S can build a EPA approved AIRCOOLED motor.........so can HD. what are we going to call it? The "WaterHead"?

Old 02-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Bannana Boat
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

What I find odd is that all the car manufacturers get caught with new models on the street. How is it nobody ever sees a new Harley? They're not running down the road with leather covering everything... Whatever they are doing, theyare good at keeping it under raps, because you never know what the new CVO's will be or new models until they release them... Did anyone know about the Cross Bones before it came out?

Old 02-05-2008, 08:56 PM
bdaug50
Cruiser

I guess there are benefits to a liquid cooled design, it would be cool not to have to spend 3 grand to get your bike to the point where it will keep up with a retarded goldwing. While it would solve a lot of problems and I think that its inevitable, I hope its a long way off.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Doug45601
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"What to expect for 09" A different president.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Superglide 04
Tourer

ORIGINAL: ridemhard

Does anyone think HD will have a newly designed Touring model possibly using the VRod engine? I would love to see them get into the 21st Century. Don't get me wrong, I love my bike but I think it's time they move away from the the V twin. I know with the 96cc I doubt they will ever get rid of the twin, but it would be nice to have a couple of choices.

Would love to hear others thoughts on this!

What does the V in V-Rod Stand for? Must stand for 20th century cause its still a V-Twin. Not too sound like a Jacka** but please know what your talking about before saying Harley motors are not up to par.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:12 PM
ridemhard
Intermediate

Hey smart ***, I corrected myself. Christ I ask a simple question and you get all pissy. I have been riding HD for 20 years and was just wondering if they were going to make a change in 09.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:18 PM
kjmorgan
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh well - another thread degenerates into name calling.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Superglide 04
Tourer

ORIGINAL: ridemhard

Hey smart ***, I corrected myself. Christ I ask a simple question and you get all pissy. I have been riding HD for 20 years and was just wondering if they were going to make a change in 09.
And I said not to be a Jacka**. Harley motor are very advanced, how many valve adjustments are needed? How many adjustments are needed period? Honestly how many times could you not ride because the temp outside prevented the motor from running properly? As stated by others, you just added another thing to go wrong on the bike (waterpump, hoses,coolant). loose a hose clamp or blow a hose and all fluid, your stuck on the side of the road and can't ride with fear of overheating and meltdown. Not saying Watercooled motor is bad, but Harley is in the current century with their motor, thats all I was pointing out.

Quick Reply: What to expect for 09