Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Encouragement Requested

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008 | 02:44 PM
Seal Guy Ken
|
Cruiser
Default Encouragement Requested

Please pass on a few brief comments about your ride today.
Color of the sky, temperature, where you went, what you ate/drank, how many miles/hours.
I could usesome inspiration to tolerate this CRAP for 5-6 more weeks.

These are forecasted INCHES over the next 24 hours, and I have the good fortune of living in 10.3 area. Add 20-30 mph winds and... Old Man Winter can KISS MY A$$! I wonder what I can do to make my snowblower at least sound like a Harley?

[IMG]local://upfiles/27125/265210E7C3014F6DA0C71614BA1DB603.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-05-2008 | 02:47 PM
2ForTheRoad
Road Master
Default RE: Encouragement Requested

Rode into Green Bay, WI today. About an hour round trip. Did some shopping, ate when we got home.

Oh, we rode my 06 Chrysler Pacifica[:@], I'm in the same boat with you.

Old 02-05-2008 | 02:48 PM
Slope
Road Captain

Oh man, I feel for you. Went for a ride to clear the head. Temperature is in the mid 70s, clear sky, very light breeze. Did about a 225 mile ride going the back roads. Traffic was very light too. Awesome, just simply awesome! Your day will come soon.

Old 02-05-2008 | 02:49 PM
HogFather
Road Captain

Dude, your just looking for someone to make you feel worse. Here in Florida I can ride everyday. Today warm 84*, leaving work early to hit the road for a ride to Daytona 80 miles north. Probably hit I95 at about 80. Hell now your making me feel bad, nah. Lovin it here, home where I belong. Lived in Indiana for 10 years and hated the winters.

Old 02-05-2008 | 02:58 PM
thekidnkaren
Tourer

about 87 degrees, fluffy white clouds moving fast. Went about 30 miles so far to meet My Mom for lunch at a buffett. Had to wear helmet to make Mom Happy. I Know, I am 48 and still like to please Mom but it is such a small thing if it makes her feel better. Shift linkage broke on the way home! Thank You all for the heads up on this forum as I had wire ties with me!!!

Old 02-05-2008 | 02:59 PM
Mr Pou
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Seal Guy Ken

Please pass on a few brief comments about your ride today.
Color of the sky, temperature, where you went, what you ate/drank, how many miles/hours.
I could usesome inspiration to tolerate this CRAP for 5-6 more weeks.
Not real exciting, rode to work this morning, 6:30am. Sky: black Temp: about 55F, rode to work. It had just stopped raining, so the roads were slimy.Ate bologna sandwich and an orange for lunch (gotta pay for this thing somehow), it's about 16mi, I do the run in 18min.

The ride home will be longer and nicer, it is very cloudy, gray, but 74F, looks like rain, but it's been holding off. Gotta stop and vote.

Old 02-05-2008 | 03:04 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior

We had it pretty decent here in N Texas for the last few days, save a little bit of rain this morning. Unfortunately a cold front is moving through as I'm typing this so temps are about to drop. Was hoping to get a little riding in after work today, but looks like I might have to wait for the weekend.

Hang tough brother. Sunnier/warmer weather is just around the corner for all of us.

Old 02-05-2008 | 03:08 PM
metal_mike
Road Warrior

managed to get out for a short scoot today.. grey skies..55 degrees.. just putted around the island for a while.. had a cup of coffee and a smoke...gotta love 50+ degree weather in feb.!
i definitely feel for ya though... been a few weeks of cold, wet, sometimes snowy days here on the eastern shore...i have now postponed my all out killing spree... for now atleast

Old 02-05-2008 | 03:09 PM
drdave
Cruiser

went for about a 20 mile ride around our local state lake here in oklahoma yesterday evening. my wife followed on her fxdl. first warm weather we have had in a month or so, was up in the mid 70's and felt like summer. very little traffic on the scenic winding road; we even stopped on a lookout over the lake - not a boat on the water and the surface was like glass with no wind. it's a nice clear water lake that we used to keep a boat on; we talked about getting our old fishing boat out and just going for a ride with the dogs if it would get warm again sometime in the next month or so. i've been fortunate enough to be able to ride even when it's cold, we have not had nasty weather, just cold weather - and i can put on enough clothes and coats to be warm and enjoy. it rained this morning and a cold front came through bringing some snow just north of us, but i'll probably get out just for a while this evening, but you can bet i'll be bundled up. it's overcast now and in the low 40's but i wouldn't want every day to be the same: it's the variety and seasons that make riding even more enjoyable.

my problem is my job - from mid feb to mid july, i have to work every day and rarely have time to go riding, so i ride the rest of the year irregardless of the weather. in a couple of months, you can tell of the nice rides and i'll have to just imagine. bummer.

Old 02-05-2008 | 03:32 PM
captsam54
Road Master

Sunny, 80% here in SW Florida.. Rode over to a buds and helped him hang a gate.. Then over to my local Motorcycle shop..(not Harley) and bought the Kuryakyn windshield mount mirrors for my 08 FLHXI.. Rode on back home to install it..!! About 3 hours messing around riding at the speed limit.. Had to take off my fairing bra. Wouldn't fit with it on there.. (Anybody need one?)

Now I have to ride later today for bike nite and adjust them so I can see directly behind me without craning my neck... And see as well way off to the sides.. Wonderful..

Quick Reply: Encouragement Requested