Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Encouragement Requested

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008 | 03:45 PM
Scootr
Road Master
Default RE: Encouragement Requested

Put about 210 miles onin the pastfew daysnorth andeast of Charlotte, NC. Couldn't resist riding today andSundayas it was mid 60's on Sunday and mid 70's today. It was pretty nice getting hot with a sweater and my leather on

Old 02-05-2008 | 03:56 PM
revjtc
Novice

Rode into work today. Did a 40 mile loop on my lunch hour. It's 96 degrees and blue skies here right now.

Old 02-05-2008 | 03:58 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: revjtc

Rode into work today. Did a 40 mile loop on my lunch hour. It's 96 degrees and blue skies here right now.
Lucky dawg.

Damn, 96? Wow.

Old 02-05-2008 | 03:59 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior

No riding here in SE PA either. Warm, but rainy; now the weather is going to get cold. I'm thinking about some SE Slipons for my snowblower, but it's a Honda

I can't even sit on my bike and sometimes that helps! It's in the shop for another week waiting for some parts to finish the Winter build.

Enjoy each day, and keep looking up!

Blessings,
J

Old 02-05-2008 | 04:04 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp

Can't tell ya about a ride today, but I can give ya a little detail from this past Saturday's ride. Started out with firing up the RG in the garage while I put on the throat cover and 3/4 helmet with face shield because the temp was in the low 40s. Backed the bike outa the garage and faced the pipes to Ol Bikers house next door just to wake him up. Cracked the throttle a couple of times to get his dog Harley barking. 8-) Idled the bike out to the street and headed up the hill at 25 and on out to the main highway. Hit the Rt. 1 north to the gas station to top off the tank for the ride up to Baltimore, about 100 miles away. Gassed up, locked the cap down, dropped my wallet and key fob into the fairing glove box and idled out to the highway toward the freeway on ramp just a couple hundred yards away. Leaned intothe curve hitting third gear and opened it up as the onramp straightened out and merged onto the northbound lanes of moderate traffic. Hit 5th gear and put the feet up on the pegs and settled into the traffic flow. Air was crisp and chilly, but the layers of shirts and the leather made a good shield from the cold. Noticed a bit of direct cold on my leg just above my boot where my sock was rolled down. A quick adjustment took care of that. Left turn signal on to change lanes to the left to start putting some of these sluggerds behind me. Accelerate up to 80 and the sound of car tires on pavement come and go as I pass the cages to my right. Merge back into the center lane as the highway paint is going by in a blur. Crank up the Bob Segar music on the CD and settle into the seat a bit more and lean back against the rider back rest. The morning sun is casting a shadow of me and the scooter across to the left lane and I suck my gut in to make me look a bit thinner. Not much help there. Biker whip is flapping in the wind against my left arm; the growl of the motor is prominent over Bobby. Odometer says I've gone 19 miles now, hmmmmmmm that was pretty quick. Highway signs say Baltimore, Left lane 2 miles ahead. Do the up and over ramp to east on the I-495 beltway. Wilson bridge work is still in progress and the hills of Maryland loom in the short distance. Hmmmmmmm, not much traffic coming from the other direction. Ahhhhhh, here it is. A traffic accident has most lanes blocked going the other way. I can open it up a bit here because all the LEOs are going to the wreck. Traffic is fluctuating from fast to slow at the interchanges. I-95 north is coming up pretty soon on the right side. Good uphill to open it up again and listen to the motor dig into the pavement as the semi’s melt behind me. About 30 miles later, I-695 on the left needs a downshift a couple times to maintain good punch power and then a quick trip around the beltway to I-83 north. Another freeway ramp sweeping into a long left turn and then open it up again to take the open lane. Destination off ramp in sight let the motor slow me down to the traffic light. A little more highway traffic and to the parking space. Motor off, the sound still ringing in my ears, throw the jacket, helmet, gloves, shades, dew rag and throat cover in the tour pac. A couple hours later, return trip with the temperature in the low 50s. A stop at the Patriot Harley dealer to pick up a chrome fairing trim and back home to Stafford.

Hope this helps your need for a highway fix.

Old 02-05-2008 | 04:12 PM
ezlife
Road Master

Rode out to the point today, sunny and 80*, wifey and me laid on the beach and bumped uglies, after had a nice surf and turf lunch with a few cold ones, on the ride back she said to stop by the dealer and she laid out a few hundred for some chrome goodies I wanted. Finshed the ride home into the sunset, pulled in the bike while she went in and slipped into a little sexy outfit, her hot sister was over and said she wanted to.......ah dam, boss just smacked me and told me to stop daydreaming.

45*, rainy and shitty in real life, but I rode in today.

Old 02-05-2008 | 05:14 PM
hardr1
Novice

Do what I did, buy a hot tub and a case of rum and think how jealous all those poor people in the south are because they can,t be in the midwest..........ya right!! Hang in there, I feel your pain!

Old 02-05-2008 | 05:20 PM
Seal Guy Ken
|
Cruiser

Great stories!

EasternPA - You have a great way with words man... felt like I was right with you that whole ride. Thanks for the "highway fix".

ezlife - I just about laughed up my Vodka/Tonic reading that. That was good... still laughing as I type.

Keep firing away!

Old 02-05-2008 | 05:22 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member

11 miles to work and back. 42 there 52 back. cloudy. A little cool with no gloves or hat.

Old 02-05-2008 | 05:31 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

Took a ride Saturday in vest and short sleeves. Was real nice here in Columbus - 73 degrees.

Hate to add to your misery.

Hack

Quick Reply: Encouragement Requested