Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Checkout This EBAY Ripoff

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 05:35 PM
07JakeelwoodHD
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Checkout This EBAY Ripoff

I saw a new HD stock front crash bars from a dealer and he wanted $49.00 to shipp so I sent him a email asking if he was serouis sent me email back thats his cost Bull ****...

Old 02-05-2008, 05:57 PM
IBHarley
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there are plenty of 20 % off dealers out there If youy dont like the price dont buy it

Old 02-05-2008, 06:08 PM
monsterdeluxe
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: jdtest

Thats why I hate Ebay ocassionally you find good deals and then you get railroaded by shipping. Or some dumb *** puts a reserve price. Sell for what you are willing to let it go.
Whats wrong with a reserve price? They are selling FOR WHAT THEY ARE WILLING TO LET IT GO. Who's the dumbass if you get railroaded by shipping, its right in front of you. If you can't read and bid, thats your problem.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:11 PM
ezlife
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 02-05-2008, 06:22 PM
cowkiller
Cruiser

I bought a mustang solo seat from a guy on this forum but the chrome bolts did not come with the seat. I was going to buythe matching rear from american classic's e-bay store. I asked him if they soldthe bolts that (mustang charges $7.00 a pr) are used with the rear seat.. thinking he might throw them in or at leastcharge retail and no shipping. He came back with the bolts were8 bucks. I clarified that was for the pair. He replied if I wanted a pair it would be$20.00.
Now I e-mail him telling him Iam going to buy an item but since he felt the urge to jerk me around that's what I'm doing to him.
I would'nt buy **** from that guy!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:17 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a wonder some of you *** clowns can ride a bike with 2 wheels.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:24 PM
smknflms
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

...hmmmm, walk into store..price appears high.. no thanks and look elsewhere. Why stress over it, it's your choice..buy itor not.
Later

Old 02-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just checked Freedom's site and their charging $339 for an item that I paid $271 for at Chicago HD. Don't know what the "shipping charges" would be from Freedom, but bet it'd be a lot more than I paid at Chicago.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:59 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: russl179

I do not think the paying retail is the issue...it is the $24.00 shipping.....for an item that weighs probably less than two pounds....
From personal shipping experiance it all depends on where you are located and the size of the box. Weight rarely has any effect on a product such as this but the size of the box determines the shipping cost. I ship seats all the time that weigh roughly 8-15 pounds and I can ship a box 24x16x12 to just about anywhere in the US for 8-15 bucks but put that same seat in a box 36x18x18 and shipping will double because they say the box should weight 40+ lbs and that is what I am charged for and not the 8 lb actual weight. I didn't look at the auction so I dont know if they used Ebays shipping calculater or just have a set price. The Ebay calculater usually inflates shipping pretty good and if its a set shipping they probably are figuring worst case shipping cost...just my .02

Old 02-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Superglide 04
Tourer

ORIGINAL: iclick

When I buy on Ebay I couldn't care less what they charge for shipping. It's the bottom line (shipping + cost of item) that I look at, and make my decision based on that.
If there is a problem on a piece you buy on Ebay and you paid $48 dollars for ship and $3 for the piece, you'll get $3 back on your return and be out the $48 dollars ship. Good way to rip you off with junk, most claim shipping is non refundable.

Quick Reply: Checkout This EBAY Ripoff