Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Checkout This EBAY Ripoff

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 09:07 AM
thefixer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Checkout This EBAY Ripoff

I go to Freedom quite frequently. They take care of the service on my bike, and I buy products from them. The dealership is one that I would recommend, their staff is friendly, and they know what they are talking about.
I also buy products on e-bay for my bike as well. I shop for the best price, and buy when I think I get value for my dollar.
Do you feel that you are being taken advantge of? I think not, as the price was FULLY disclosed. You got a response from the dealer as to your concerns, which was more than fair, plus you did not include your comments to the dealer in your post.
E-bay is not necessarily always a bargain, or the lowest place to buy. It's just another option.....

Old 02-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

If you actually want the item delivered to your door, get it from Zanotti'sfor 50 USD.

If you want to exchange pissy emails with Ebay sellers because you don't like their shipping charges, go ahead.

But most folks, including myself,don't consider a transaction where the item is accurately described, shipping charge clearly stated, and the item is promptly delivered for the price paid a "rip-off."The item listed isno "deal" IMO--but hardly a "rip-off."

Recently I was interested in an item listed by a HD dealer and the shipping calculator showed 57 USD which seemed way high--I sent a politeemail to the seller who thanked me for bringingit to their attention, the error was corrected, and the shipping charge showed later at 12.50.

I live inMetro Atlanta with several HD dealers within easy driving distance, so paying list price plus a high shipping charge is not whatI buy on Ebay. But there may be folks in this great big U.S. that are many miles from an HD store and, with today's gas prices, saving a 100 or 200 mile trip to the store for a 50 USD item is worth thisEbay seller's shipping charge.

Rus, by all means express your opinion, but please don't take offense ifI don't happen to share it.

EDIT:The ebay seller has 2000+ transactions and 100% feedback.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:44 AM
gene01
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: russl179

I would like to get the saddlebag liners. So, before I go to my local dealer, I wanted to checkout the EBAY prices. This dealer, FREEDOM HD, is asking full retail and wants $24.01 shipping!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123

So, I sent this dealership a message asking if they are going to personally deliver the product. Here is his response:

Aren't you a nice person!!!, Then don't buy our products. All of our shipping is based on actual weight of item, and your zip code, we have a great feedback rating and we do very well, and are more honest then most dealers on Ebay.
But, thanks for your comments.
MIKE

I noticed that he said, we are more honest than most dealer, he didn't say We are honest..... just more honest than the rest of the crooks.....

Old 02-05-2008, 12:00 PM
SkipB
Cruiser

I have been using Zanotti's and they are just great at communicating what is going on with your order, then getting the parts to you ASAP. The more you order at once the more reasonable the shipping cost allocation is. They have carefully packed everything every time and UPS did not damage it, like usual. If you send them an e-mail, you get a quick answer back. www.zanottimotor.com I realize other Forum members have used and recommended other dealers, but I have had no reason to look elsewhere.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:04 PM
extech
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: choochoo

yep Buyer beware. research research research!!
I wouldn't even respond to them.
"The best customer is an educated customer"

Old 02-05-2008, 12:32 PM
odog
Intermediate

That's what's great about e-bay, if you don't lilke the price keep searching for the better deal. For HD parts I go with HALES HD, 20% or more off and no tax. shipping is reasonble being that I live in So. Cal.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hate the ebayers that sell stuff for like $3.00 and then charger $35.00 shipping and handling. What idiots. and then you have other idiots tht pay for it. World is full of stupid people.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:18 PM
RoadKing_Al
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the calculations for that package, based on the OP's 2 lbs. weight, and the size of the carton. Comes to $29.85 to my home. If he were to send it Parcel post it would be $6.15. All you have to do is tell him to ship the way you want it shipped. Screw the guy if he don't ship your way.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:43 PM
cwilks
Banned

It doesn't matter what they're charging.....the simple answer is DON'T BUY FROM THEM.......most of the crap on Ebay you can get somewhere else just as cheap or cheaper......its up to the buyer to do their homework

Old 02-05-2008, 01:45 PM
cwilks
Banned

ORIGINAL: fishercat

It looks as though they're using an automatic shipping calculator, because for me it says $10 which isn't unreasonable. Maybe their calculator isn't working properly?

Dude, can ya make that sig any phuckin' bigger???? Geeez [:@]

Quick Reply: Checkout This EBAY Ripoff