Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Checkout This EBAY Ripoff

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 10:50 PM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,738 Likes on 1,261 Posts
Default RE: Checkout This EBAY Ripoff

Shipping varies depending on your zip code.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Mississippi Bagger
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He clearly states the selling price and the shipping price. That is your total price to have the item delivered to your door.

You are not paying sales tax, you are not having to drive anywhere to pick it up, or to find out they don't have it in stock (even when they said they did over the phone).

Prolly is not the best deal you can get on the internet for the same item, but hardly a rip-off.

Besides, if you don't like it, don't bid...what's the big deal?

NEVER bid on anything without knowing what the total is...that is the bid price plus insured shipping. If you do, well, that is pretty dadgum naive. [sm=pcwhack.gif]

Old 02-04-2008, 11:16 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Mississippi Bagger

He clearly states the selling price and the shipping price. That is your total price to have the item delivered to your door.

You are not paying sales tax, you are not having to drive anywhere to pick it up, or to find out they don't have it in stock (even when they said they did over the phone).

Prolly is not the best deal you can get on the internet for the same item, but hardly a rip-off.

Besides, if you don't like it, don't bid...what's the big deal?

NEVER bid on anything without knowing what the total is...that is the bid price plus insured shipping. If you do, well, that is pretty dadgum naive. [sm=pcwhack.gif]
I agree...well said.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:21 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even if this is the only item you were to order from Zanotti's the total price is only $49.92 with shipping. The more you order on one order the less you pay for shipping from Zanotti's. They are giving you 25% off at Zanotti's for that item. I use them all the time and am very satisfied with their prices and service.Thepricing below is right off of their site.

Items in shopping cart

91885-97A( Quantity 1 * Price33.73)
$ 33.73

Shipping is
$ 16.19

Total
$ 49.92

Finish Checkout

Old 02-05-2008, 12:34 AM
jdtest
Cruiser

Thats why I hate Ebay ocassionally you find good deals and then you get railroaded by shipping. Or some dumb *** puts a reserve price. Sell for what you are willing to let it go.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:01 AM
HOOSIER
Intermediate

I just purchased a brand new set of 80 spoke wheels from this very dealer (Freedom HD) off of EBAY. The cost listed in the HD catalog is $699.00 PER WHEEL (#42952-04 and #42959-04).
They had a buy it now price of $699.00 total for both wheels plus a total of $29.63 for shipping. I cant say anything but good things about the transaction with these guys. Great price and it was shipped very fast.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=350013833366

Old 02-05-2008, 05:05 AM
Forget About It
Banned

TYPICAL DEALER CRAP

Old 02-05-2008, 08:17 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

TYPICAL CRAP
American Classic is a big ebay seller, they always have Andrews cam kits listed. Care to explain why they charged me $10.00 shipping on the cams, S&S gear drive and the bearing kit but they have SE pushrods listed that they want $15.00 for shipping costs? For that reason I purchased my pushrods elsewhere.

It ain't just the H-D dealers. If all costs are listed up front I don't see how anyone is being taken advantage of. You have choices.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:43 AM
simidonb
Novice

Ihave been accused of asking smarta$$ questions at certain times, but I don't usually get upset when I get a similar response. Since you started off calling them crooks, I think you were aptly put in yourplace.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:00 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you are buying on e-bay you have the choice to buy or not. That same item shipped to me is $10.00. Like he said it is all based on weight and distance. Would I buy it,,,,,, NO. Not when I can walk into my local dealer and buy it for less. If he were offering the liners for $20.00 with shipping of $10.00, then YES. Its my choice. He is not trying to rip anybody off.

Quick Reply: Checkout This EBAY Ripoff