Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pack Pigtail

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 10:23 AM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts
Default Tour Pack Pigtail

Installed HD tail lamp assembly on my King tour pack and can't find the 3 wire pigtail in the harness.Its a 05 FLHRI RK.I looked under both side panels and the seat.Has anyone with a 05 RK found this pigtail??.May have to splice into tail harness,but I would rather not.Main wiring diagram for this model doesn,t show pigtail,but I remember other posts referring to it on a 05 RK.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:30 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Tour Pack Pigtail

If you are refering to the wing with the brake light....then the 3 pinconnecter plug is located under the seat near the gas tank. That is where my wing lightwas plugged into. I didnt like having to remove the seat to take off the tour pak so I had my indy move the connector right under the tour pak. makes things a lot easier.

I hope this helps.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

GTK: I checked the RK main wiring diagram in the '04 HD SM and it doesn't show a pig tail for a tour pak. I had assumed wrongly that all Touring models had the pig tail, but recall recently that a HDFer (PapaTravis) was installing the SG rear facia on his RK Custom and couldn't find it on his '05. Another member posted that his RK didn't have the pig tail. Bottom line--I don't think yo will find one.

Rather than hacking your wiring, you couldpower the TP lights usingthe P&A Accessory Connector under your seat, near the battery. It's a four place Deutsch connector. Not sure of the three wire connector Mattman is referring to, though it would be easy to attach a Deutsch connector at one end for the P&A Accessory Connector and a 3-wire AMP Multilock connector at the other end for the TP plug to connector.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:44 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Well,thanks for the reply.I don't think I'll fine one either.I am going to tie in to the 3 wires I need from the harness behind the left side panel.The 3 wires I need.red/yellow,black,light blue are right there.I 'll just have to find a 3 wire male and female connector with pigtails that will work.I'm sure the Motor Co. has the harness,but I haven't ck'd into it yet.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:27 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ain't no wire for tour paks on Road Kings after about 2004. I had to tie into the accessory lead for my marker lights and into the tail lamp for the turn/brake lights. All the connectors are available pretty cheap from the dealer to keep it a factory looking wiring job.\

Old 02-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigdaddy11311

Ain't no wire for tour paks on Road Kings after about 2004. I had to tie into the accessory lead for my marker lights and into the tail lamp for the turn/brake lights. All the connectors are available pretty cheap from the dealer to keep it a factory looking wiring job.\
GTK,

Ditto what bigdaddy11311has said.

I've also installed King Tour pac on my '06 RK. No wiring harness exists on mine either. I have a brake/turn signal module and cut into those wires vice cutting into any of the factory wiring. Not that I've spared them to this point! Just thats where it is connected to at this point.

The dealer will sell you the pins and sockets for the correct gender connector to proplerly mate to what is stock inside the King Tour pac. I've bought them and connected it in so I can remove the T/P.

Its a little more expense, but not that much if you have already gone to the trouble to get a detachable kit for the T/P.