Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Infinity Kappa install

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 07:15 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Infinity Kappa install

ORIGINAL: captsam54

AHH.... Saw e a set on eBay for 69.95 and 20 bucks shipping.. BUT also noticed they were 4 ohm speakers.. but the stock Harley speakers are 2 ohm..
Funny you would say that. I bought mine on e-bay and it stated they were 2 Ohm. I got the box and the first thing I saw on the front of the box was 4 Ohm. I think they had a bunch of misprinted boxes and that is why some of these brokers are ending up with them and selling at a pretty good price. They are in fact 2 Ohm. As far as water proof. Jury is still out on that. They appear they would be pretty resistant the cone is fiberglass and the surround is rubber.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:25 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: HDChloe

Infinity kappa 52.7i is the model.

p.s. I have not heard anything but stock speakers and now these on a HD so I have no idea what other speakers may sound like.
I took out Hog Tunes. My comparison so far is the Infinitys are cleaner and crisper than the Hog Tunes, this may have something to do with the remote mounted crossovers or it may have something to do with other construction of the speaker, I don't know, I just know what my ear tells me. What the Infinitys are going to sound like at 70 to 80 MPH is going to have to wait to much of that white crap out there right now and looking at another 7 inches. The Infinitys also sound better that the JBLs, I have a set of those setting on the shelf also.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:31 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

AHH.... Saw e a set on eBay for 69.95 and 20 bucks shipping.. BUT also noticed they were 4 ohm speakers.. but the stock Harley speakers are 2 ohm..
Here is a set for $60.00 and free shipping. Same deal I got.

Infinity Kappa 52.7i

Old 02-05-2008, 08:39 AM
captsam54
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: FLHT

Here is a set for $60.00 and free shipping. Same deal I got.

Infinity Kappa 52.7i
HEY.. THANKS.. GOT THEM..!!!

Now.. I am going to take out and sell my new Harley Harman Kardon CD/radio player.. (I don't like the red faceplate color at nite.) And am going with a new Sony marine w/mp3.. Face color at night is blue I believe.. Still doing research on it..

Old 02-05-2008, 11:43 AM
bear95
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! They look very cool with out the grills on there.....

Old 02-05-2008, 01:14 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8ZNC7EU...527I&tp=97

I built a street rod with these (a set of Kapa's) in different sizes. People always told me they wish theirs
was so clear at higher volume levels. Also the tweeter on these is moveable/rotating.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

Was going to use the Kappas but....

Infinity 5022i Reference speakersare 2 ohms and don't need the external crossovers.Went with these to keep the install direct and free of clutter.

2 - 45 Watts RMS
135 Watts Peak[*]2-Ohm Impedance[*]Hi-Roll Rubber Surround[*]Plus One+ Polypropylene Woofer Cone[*]1" Rotating UniPivot Textile Dome Tweeter[*]Frequency Response: 67-21,000 Hz[*]Sensitivity: 92.6 dB[*]Top Mount Depth: 2-5/16"

http://techronics.com/index.cfm?fuse...&aff=72182

Old 02-05-2008, 03:05 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

What the heck is a crossover?

Old 02-05-2008, 03:19 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: stro1965

What the heck is a crossover?
Crossover keeps all the high Db coming out of the tweeter where they belong and all the lower Db coming out of the woofer where they belong.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:19 PM
HDWRENCH
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Good post would like to know what you think of them at hwy speeds. We became a dealer for Biketronics as we had many customer that wanted upgraded sound system and the saellite radio. I was not intrested in buying items from several places and not have them work with the stock controls. There system sounds great works well and many use there sony deck as they use a MP3 etc.

I had not given it too much extra thought until I had a customer that bought the system from them direct. He had a item fail, I gave them a call and they sent me a new controller out 2 day without needing the old one back. They call it a soild gold warranty. I was very impressed. AS well when I called the tech ( owner) was very quick not to give me the run around and listen to the issue we had and come right out and say "yes it sounds like the controller failed we have only had a few go bad I will get one out to you 2 day and when you send the old one back I will pay you for the return shipping as well".

Not working on making a sale here just that I do not like dealing with the add ons( sound systems)and when you get one that works I use it. So if a speaker sounds better and clearer than another that is a great thing. With those prices if I can let my customers know that they can pick up a good deal and have a great sounding system that is always a bonus.

Quick Reply: Infinity Kappa install