Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Smoked LED Tail Light For SG?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Best Smoked LED Tail Light For SG?

ORIGINAL: Jsans

I really like those! Can I ask how much they were?

Taillight was $130 and the LED turn clusters we around $65 for the pair. Both available thru Custom Dynamics.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Hoffy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Monstermile, those look good. I wanted to do those blinkers too. Can you tell me if they screwed up your flasher like custom dynamics says it might? There is some box you have to buy extra for the blinkers and wire it in if the new lights mess with the flasher.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Hoffy

Hey Monstermile, those look good. I wanted to do those blinkers too. Can you tell me if they screwed up your flasher like custom dynamics says it might? There is some box you have to buy extra for the blinkers and wire it in if the new lights mess with the flasher.

I run the Biketronics Tailbones run/turn/brake module with just the LED's in the rear (for now). I talked to Biketronics and they told me you do not need a load equalizer when running just the rears. I'm not running one and do not get hyperflash. I do have their Smart Equalizer to install when I add front LED's.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Hoffy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Monstermile

I run the Biketronics Tailbones run/turn/brake module with just the LED's in the rear (for now). I talked to Biketronics and they told me you do not need a load equalizer when running just the rears. I'm not running one and do not get hyperflash. I do have their Smart Equalizer to install when I add front LED's.
Thanks for the reply!I guess I will figure on the same cause I want to do the front and rear. I wonder whatsintaled in installing the load eqaulizerbox? Nevermind, I just looked at the biketronics sight, just plug in equalizer. Looks much better than custom dynamics set up.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:34 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: MassHD

Or you can go the PYO way. I thinks its the same as the Cycle Vision.

It would be really good if PYO actually sold that light.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for the reply!I guess I will figure on the same cause I want to do the front and rear. I wonder whatsintaled in installing the load eqaulizerbox? Nevermind, I just looked at the biketronics sight, just plug in equalizer. Looks much better than custom dynamics set up.
Depends on which one you run.

Biketronics Smart Equalizer:
Remove seat. Unplug turn signal wiring harness. Plug in module. Tuck it out of the way. Reinstall seat. 5-10 minutes of your time.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Street Glider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the info Monster! Looks like I need:

Radiantz LED, FL Turn Signal LED Retroz

Biketronics Tailbones load equalizer

Street Magic tail light cluster

Sound about right???

Old 02-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Street Glider

Thanks for all the info Monster! Looks like I need:

Radiantz LED, FL Turn Signal LED Retroz

Biketronics Tailbones load equalizer

Street Magic tail light cluster

Sound about right???

The Biketronics Tailbones is a run/tun/brake module. The Smart Equalizer is a load equalizer. Two different things but they can be run together in parallel.

You need:
1 pair of Radiantz clusters 1157 amber for the front
1 pair of Radiantz clusters 1156 for the rear. Use red if you use the run/turn/brake or turn/brake module. Amber if they are just going to be turns
1 Street Magic LED taillight (no window) in clear or smoke

Looking on the Custom Dynamics site it looks like the Radiantz clusters are now Street Magic - Genesis. I am assuming they are the same thing with a new name. But you may want to call to find out for sure. I know my Radiantz carry a 5 year warranty. And the ones shown on the site have a lifetime warranty. That is a good thing.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:07 PM
quackhead
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Monstermile

what is the difference bewteen that run/turn/brake module and the one from the MOCO?

Old 02-07-2008, 04:13 PM
HogFather
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered the same as monstermile last week should be here any day now. Love the look. Smoked the front lenses last month. It's a much cleaner look, and with the LED bulbs you'll be seen.

Quick Reply: Best Smoked LED Tail Light For SG?