Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attention all 06 Bikes that want to do Mods!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 12:16 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Attention all 06 Bikes that want to do Mods!

Lat;ely there has been alot of confusion for the the new member and some old ones about the what mods are needed on the 06 BIKES when you want to do Stage 1 and new exhuast.

1. Stage 1 and True Duals you will need a SERT or PCIII will = A good running bike [sm=goodidea.gif]
2. Stage 1 and Slip Ons you will need a Sert or PCIII will = A good running bike [sm=biker.gif]
3. Stage 1 and Headerpipes you will need a SERT or PCIII = A good running bike[sm=goodidea.gif]
4. Stage 1 and any of the above mention and a HD download = a lean running and the dealer did this to you[sm=icon_beat.gif] because it's a waste of money, crapping and will send you back to the dealer like this[:@].

Once you get 1K mile or most on your bike get it dyno tuned for the best result out of your programmer. If you already have over 1k miles on your bike you should get the bike dyno tuned before you leave the dealership.

There may be some people that will disagree but it will be less than 5% that do.

One of my friends has been ride HD for over 20 years and because I just started he didn't want to listen to me when he got his new 06 bike. He do the download and was not happy. His bike is at the dealership getting a SERT added right now.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Loch
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Attention all 06 Bikes that want to do Mods!

Have you had your bike dyno tuned? I’m looking at the same bike and same exhaust as you and I’m wondering how it would run without being dynoed right away? Did you run it on the SERT map for any length of time before having a tuner mess with a custom map? I understand that the standard stage 1 map is the same as the dreaded dealer download but sometimes I read about guys using a SERT map made for a different engine configuration that seems to work great without a dyno tune.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:10 PM
bountyhunter
Banned

SERT or PCIII, the most important thing is to find an experienced tech that knows how to precisely map a bike on a dyno. For me, the PCIII was a wise investment and I enjoy my ride that much more!

Old 01-18-2006, 01:11 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Loch,

Anytime you install a SERT or PCIII (DynoJet Power Commander) it would be best if you have it dyno tuned. The dealer can download and modify a stock map but it will never be perfect until dyno'd. I would wait until at least 1000 miles before doing the dyno. Some dealers would prefer you wait until 1000 mile service before installing mods. The problem is some dealers will give you a discount on parts and installation at the time of purchase. If this is the case you can always ask them to hold the parts and hopefully the servise discount until your 1000 mile service at which time you can have your mods installed and then dyno the bike.

Terry

Old 01-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

4. Stage 1 and any of the above mention and a HD download = a lean running and the dealer did this to you because it's a waste of money, crapping and will send you back to the dealer like this
lil-gmac does not speak with forked tongue in reference to the Harley Download. Let me add my 2 cents

RACE TUNER (SERT)=VERY GOOD
PCIII=GOOD
HD DOWNLOAD=VERY BAD[sm=badidea.gif][sm=boosign.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=closed.gif]

Terry

Old 01-18-2006, 01:37 PM
Loch
Tourer

Does anyone know any good SERT tuners in Minnesota? I would like to stick with the SERT because it’s one less failure point on the bike versus installing a PCIII.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:45 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member

Not sure on that one. I heard that the Race tuner is pretty easy to install but I would not try it. I true believe that all dealership can install this item you will need to just get it dyno'd to get the full potential out of the SERT. Terry or TC will know more about the installation side of it.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Loch
Tourer

A SERT is nothing more than a software package and a cable that connects from you computer to your ECM to load different maps correct?

Old 01-18-2006, 02:33 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member

This is correct TC has posted some steps and tip on installing this.

Old 01-18-2006, 02:46 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: lil_gmac2

This is correct TC has posted some steps and tip on installing this.

Here's the link... https://www.hdforums.com/m_222256/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Attention all 06 Bikes that want to do Mods!