Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attention all 06 Bikes that want to do Mods!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 02:59 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Attention all 06 Bikes that want to do Mods!

Thanks TC your always there when we need you.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Shift_4lo
Road Master

So if you do a hd download they just do it to your stock ecu or what ever they call it you don't have to but a pcIII or sert to do it sorry i am just a little bored and i have only owned carbed bike's.

Old 01-18-2006, 09:47 PM
jrlaidle
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my 05 RK Custom in April of 05. Had the dealer install the SE air cleaner and SE slip-ons. They did the HD download at the time of install. I now have about 3500 miles on it. It has popped and sputtered on deccel since I picked it up. How bad is this for my engine? I am guessing it is running lean looking at the plugs, so am I burning pistons? I was talking to a guy today who has a big bore kit, rineharts, and a SERT on his 05RG. He had the dealer tune it and he says he pops and sputters on deccel as well. So, is it possible the dealer didn't know what he was doing? If I go to an indy to get it done, what kind of questions should I ask about his dyno? I have heard that some dynos don't put any load on the engine during the run, and others do? If this is true, tuning on a dyno that doesn't load the motor seems like a waste of time. Might just be BS, but wondering. Thanks in advance.
Josh

Old 01-19-2006, 12:22 AM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member

The first question is did he get the bike dynod tune or just put it on the dyno. Tuning the bike will elminate all the popping it's a custom map just for your bike. You bike should not be popping and sputtering at all.

Old 01-19-2006, 10:36 AM
jrlaidle
Advanced

I don't know wether they tuned it or not. I am guessing they did, but he is not here today to ask. Do the dealers have to get certified to tune a motorcycle? Since my bike is still in warranty, I don't want to take it to an indy yet, just in case it voids my warranty. I can live with the thing running like crap for another season, I just don't want to do any permanant damage to the engine. Seeing as I am planning on installing gear driven cams, bigger cams, and a tuner after the waranty is up, I was just going to do all that at once unless there is a possibility of damaging the engine with it running like it is.

Old 01-19-2006, 10:40 AM
turbo38sfi
Road Master

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

SERT or PCIII, the most important thing is to find an experienced tech that knows how to precisely map a bike on a dyno. For me, the PCIII was a wise investment and I enjoy my ride that much more!

Not to hijack this thread, but are those orange stripes painted on your bike or is that a photoshop picture of what you'd like to have done?

Old 01-19-2006, 12:37 PM
streetglider
Intermediate

probably a stupid question but can someone elighten me about what SERT stands for.[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Old 01-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Loch
Tourer

ORIGINAL: streetglider

probably a stupid question but can someone elighten me about what SERT stands for.[sm=WTFsgign.gif]
Screaming Eagle Race Tuner

Old 01-19-2006, 02:36 PM
Varooom
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

What about us poor carburated guys (you do remember carbs, don't you). My 06 FLHT has one of those carb things. I guess a jet kit is the way to go.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Doug

Old 01-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Isshinryu
Tourer

I have an '06 street Glide. I put a SERT, Stage 1 kit, 2 into 1 pipe, and had it dyno tuned. No poping No sputtering. Perfect idle at any temp. It added 16 hp and 8 tq. It also improved gas mileage.

SERT and dyno tune by a qualified tech is the way to go. Don't put up with an improperly tuned bike.

John

[IMG]local://upfiles/6262/9616F033C7534933AAA4F4D9A73953BC.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Attention all 06 Bikes that want to do Mods!