Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TRUE OR FALSE

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008 | 11:08 AM
wizard2
|
Intermediate
Default TRUE OR FALSE

EFI AND O2 SENSOR why do we need to install race tuners unless you are tweek out fule ratios my tech said that theEFI SHOULD ADJUST AND COMPENSATE thats what the O2sen is for i put a new set of pipes on and the bike ran great ... and then i add the seac and race tuner now iam allways tweeking looking for better fulecombatnations MAN i was better off with just the pipes.. I guess what i trying to learn is it really nessary to add allthis or is justhypeyour 2cents

Old 02-03-2008 | 12:01 PM
racklefratz
Road Master
Default RE: TRUE OR FALSE

ORIGINAL: wizard2

EFI AND O2 SENSOR why do we need to install race tuners unless you are tweek out fule ratios my tech said that theEFI SHOULD ADJUST AND COMPENSATE thats what the O2sen is for i put a new set of pipes on and the bike ran great ... and then i add the seac and race tuner now iam allways tweeking looking for better fulecombatnations MAN i was better off with just the pipes.. I guess what i trying to learn is it really nessary to add allthis or is justhypeyour 2cents
Hmmm...hasn't this come up here before once or twice?

Whatever. IMO, unless you're headed for the track, it's not necessary. If you do, you'll always be having to make just one more adjustment to something, to "get it right". I didn't buy my bike to work on, I bought it to ride.

Just ride it.

Old 02-03-2008 | 12:05 PM
captsam54
Road Master

This would be nice to figure out.. Everyone is trying to bypass the 02 closed loop system..(My understanding is the the bike's CPU controls this and automaticly adjusts.) I have aftermarket slip-ons, and want to add aftermarket true duals, Big Gulp etc. but not ready for the SERT yet..

Old 02-03-2008 | 12:10 PM
jakedog
Road Warrior

http://nightrider.com/parts/

In-line Enrichment device, $69.95. Re adjusts the bias on O2 sensors to an AFr of 14.2

Old 02-03-2008 | 12:52 PM
rkadair
Tourer

I think you need to read

https://www.hdforums.com/m_181817/tm.htm

Old 02-03-2008 | 12:54 PM
StreetglideOK
Tourer

If you go with the nightrider o2 sensor setup, and have an 07 or newer bike, youll need 2 of them sensors. Wizard, your mechanic doesnt have a clue, the bikes use a speed density efi, and it doesnt have the ability to adapt like cars do with metered air systems. Do some searching on the board for info, and post in the efi forums, youll get alot of info there.

Old 02-03-2008 | 01:06 PM
jakedog
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: StreetglideOK

If you go with the nightrider o2 sensor setup, and have an 07 or newer bike, youll need 2 of them sensors. Wizard, your mechanic doesnt have a clue, the bikes use a speed density efi, and it doesnt have the ability to adapt like cars do with metered air systems. Do some searching on the board for info, and post in the efi forums, youll get alot of info there.
I was talking about the IED device, it is not a sensor but a plug in device to change the BIAS on the stock O2 sensor, it plugs between the stock sensor and the ECM. It let's your current O2 and ECM to operate in the closed loop mode while decreasing the AFr from 14.7 to 14.2. The $69.95 is for both o2 sensors and is for 07 & 08 only.

Old 02-03-2008 | 01:45 PM
StreetglideOK
Tourer

Hes got the race tuner already, can just as easily make the adjustment to make it bias rich on the closed loop tables. No need to buy extra. Talk to Doc 1 or shovelheadbob, they know the sert inside and out. If you are changing numbers blind as in not using a dyno, you arent going to get great results.

Old 02-03-2008 | 01:47 PM
wizard2
|
Intermediate

THANKS 4 THE INFO new i could get some great feed back and get itright

Old 02-03-2008 | 01:49 PM
jakedog
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: StreetglideOK

Hes got the race tuner already, can just as easily make the adjustment to make it bias rich on the closed loop tables. No need to buy extra. Talk to Doc 1 or shovelheadbob, they know the sert inside and out. If you are changing numbers blind as in not using a dyno, you arent going to get great results.
OK, you are correct, missed that.

Quick Reply: TRUE OR FALSE