Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D & D Fatcat Standard Baffle vs Big Bore Baffle

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 01:11 AM
zippo2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D & D Fatcat Standard Baffle vs Big Bore Baffle

Has anyone tried out the standard baffle vs the big bore baffle in the fatcat 2 into 1 system. I run a 103ci, w/zipper 575g cams, 50mm tb, thundermxand was wondering what the difference would be in sound and performance? What is recommended with this system? thanks for any feedback.

Mike

Old 02-03-2008, 02:50 AM
atexn4christ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: D & D Fatcat Standard Baffle vs Big Bore Baffle

I gotta stealth baffle if that helps.

Old 02-03-2008, 03:33 AM
onlythebest
Road Warrior

Good question!
However now I am really confused. I have the heard of the following baffles for the FatCat: Standard, performance, quiet, big bore,stealth hell the list goes on.What are the types of baffles made byD&D for these pipes and what are the proper names. I am interested in changing mine out if there is one out there a bit more radical in sound. I have what was quoted by Shooter as the "Standard" baffle.

Can someone shed some light on this before I email D&D?

Zippo what kind of numbers are you getting with your setup? HP/TQ?

OTB

Old 02-03-2008, 05:37 AM
2ForHD
Cruiser

Great looking bike. Your bike seems to sit lower, did you lower the front and rear? If so what rear shocks did you use and did it change the ride at all. What other upgrades did you do? Thanks

Old 05-25-2009, 09:33 AM
MustBBrent
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did you ever get an answer for your questions?

Is a Boarzilla the same thing as a FatCat big boar? for the 103, which did you choose? FatCat? Boarzilla? FatCat with BigBoar? louvered or perforated?

I've searched several sites and seem to get conflicting information on whether the 103 builds should go with FatCat big boar or FatCat louvered?

And does the choice simply move the area under the torque curve up or down the RPM scale or does it hamper the bikes' performance?

Arrrgh....

Old 05-25-2009, 08:56 PM
103Eagle
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Call D & D direct and ask for tech, they will explain the baffles to you. I have a system on my 2004. When I bought it there were 2 baffles, the standard and the performance (sometimes called big bore). The boarzilla is a whole different animal, for larger displacement motors from what D & D told me back then, not recomended for 103 and lower cubes. I got the performance baffle, man its evil nasty wicked raspy race loud. Did I mention it was really loud? Due to customer suggestions, D & D developed the quiet baffle (maybe called stealth, not sure). It performs as well as the standard with maybe a bit more tq down low. Its nowhere near what the performance baffle is in loudness, and still quieter than the standard. If you run a bagger and like your stereo, better go with the quiet. It still has a nice deep tone, but does not offend people and ya can hear your radio. Again, call D & D 817-834-0996.

by the way, I purchased the quiet muffler since the perf was so loud. Traded the 04 in and kept the quiet muffler, its for sale or trade if anyone is interested, PM me. Thanks and good luck!

Old 01-13-2011, 09:45 PM
MustBBrent
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Thank you

I bought the Big Boar Quiet Bafflle. And i have loved it. It plus the 30Tooth Tranny primary gear and I have no problems on the rides with 6th gear. 1800-2200 in 6th still runs fine. Even 2 up.

But you know us HP junkies. Gotta have more.

I recently met Doc of Doc's Performance. He says I should swap out the baffle for a louvered quiet baffle. I may do just that. We shall see.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:10 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

I went with the quiet baffles on my Street Glide with a 103 and man it was far being quiet...LMAO! I loved the sound of it though and when she fired up heads would turn but on long rides it started getting on my nerves...maybe i am getting old..?