Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

??? for Experienced Touring Members == What are the Top 5 things you would change on a Stock Ultra?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Bill Mueller
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2010 and had to change seat and shield right away, went with a Road Sofa and Clearview recurve shield. If I keep the bike long term I will put pipes/air cleaner/PC and then would like to improve suspension. I'm not into spending money for chrome. Bill

Old 05-06-2011, 06:29 PM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Got '09 Ultra

1. Fuel Moto's Power Package which consisted 2-1-2 Head pipe, PCV, SEAC and 2" Rush Mufflers.
2. Run/Brake/Turn Module and Tour Pak Lights including blinking side lights from Ride Time Technology. Wanted to be SEEN when brakes or turn lights are applied.
3. GPS Zumo 550
4. Take out the stock mirrors and insert Street Glide mirrors on the Inner Fairing.
5. Luggage Rack for the Tour Pak and all the Chrome Accessories I like out of the HD Catalog was special ordered and installed on the bike before I pick up and ride.

Extremely pleased with the outcome,

Thorey

Old 05-06-2011, 06:43 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by tata455
OK - All you experienced members out there..... What would the 5 - 10 top things you would add or change on an Ultra once you bought it? I have a newly acquired 2005, so I guess my question is for that vintage, but if you want to apply it to different years, just qualify your answer to reflect that. Looking for Bang for the Buck changes.
[ul][*] Handling Changes? [*] Performance Upgrades?[*] Cosmetic?[*] Creature Comfort?[*] Reliability?[/ul]
Tell me what you would spend some extra Cash on and why!! What is the benefit of the change.Your answers will help me make good purchasing decisions!!

Thanks in advance!![8D]
Dump the heavy 1970's technology steel peripheral frame and replace it with a modern engineered aluminum trellis frame that uses the engine as a stressed member.
This could shave a few hundred pounds off the weight of the bike and the extra stiffness this offers could allow the handling to be improved further.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Overall I love my Limited. I even like the seat! I rode it about 1500 miles till I had to leave the US for work reasons. I thought the 103 was a little sluggish so I am getting the power pack from fuel moto. Ceramic coated headers, with no cat should bring down the heat, although I did not think the heat was that big of a deal, maybe I needed to ride it longer before I Left. SE air cleaner, PC-V (powercommmander five) for the Fuel injection modual, Klock werks slipons long straight cuts they look and sound great, Woods 555 cams and pushrods.

I got a smaller winshield the edge was right in my line of sight. Found it very agravating. I got the HOGTUNES 3way for freeway with the hog pod for an eight speaker set up. I just spent over 1500 on skull stuff, a lot of people do not like them but I have always thought they look cool and when I get them all on her I will take pics and post but I am not home at the moment to instal and take pics. Late june the transformation happens. I will have about two months of riding this summer. I will be on the road traveling for all of it. I plan to assess the handlebar situaton then. Right now I like them.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:57 PM
philipmcphail@hotmail.com
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Backrest-comfort
Sirius Sat radio-ride in the middle of nowhere lots
First aid kit-safety first
Cup holder-stay hydrated(its not easy)
Sheepskin-keeps the butt awake!

Old 05-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Scarz
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

1. Backrest
2. Kuryakyn adjustable passenger pegs
3. Grips
4. Maybe, handlebars
5. detachable tour pack kit with a relocator kit

Just a starter list.

Old 05-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Tinner Briman
Advanced

1. Highway Pegs
2. Rider's Backrest
3. Floor Board Extenders
4. Adjustable Passneger Footpegs
5. Clearview Vented Windshield

Old 05-25-2011, 11:52 PM
myred55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

COMFORT

1. Road Zepplin seat
2. Road Zepplin seat
3. Road Zepplin seat
4. Road Zepplin seat
5. Road Zepplin seat

Old 05-26-2011, 01:44 AM
av ultra
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

#1 headlight- stock hd headlight sucks *****.
#2 hiway pegs
#3 gas cap button.
#4 better speakers
#5 pipes/ ac/ tuner

Old 05-26-2011, 01:57 AM
hot95hog
Cruiser

1: Comfortable grips; My hands hurt after a bit on the factory hard grips, I like the Kuryakyn ones
2: Push Button gas door: get tired of digging out the friggin keys.
3: Shocks: I dept bottoming out and getting jolted up through my spine
4: New Seat: finding one that is comfortable for the long haul is what you need to tour long distance
5: Riders Backrest: They are adjustable/removable and worth the money

As far as chrome/pipes bigger engines etc, if you want do it as you need to repair or have money the 5 I listed are what you need to ride long distance in comfort. The rest is just nice to have....... 25K in a year by the way

Quick Reply: ??? for Experienced Touring Members == What are the Top 5 things you would change on a Stock Ultra?