Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome stealth bulbs (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 03:26 PM
CREEPSHOW
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Chrome stealth bulbs (pics)

I posted a question about these chrome stealth bulbs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1156-...3613QQtcZphoto
a while back and no one seemed to have any info. on them so I decided to take a chance and see if they would look nice with my smoked lenses.
I ordered them, about $25 all together for 4 plus shipping. Shipping a little high but still cheapesttotalIhave seen for these type of bulbs. Took a couple weeks to get but it is cold and I have the time to wait. I recieved them today and thought I would post up some pictures.

Here is a couple of before pictures with the amber bulbs. Looks ok but gotta hate that egg yolk look!

Another

Ok, here is with the chrome stealth bulbs and I even left the flash on in this first picture to try to match a sunny day. I think they are a good improvement and almost invisible!

This picture is withno camera flash and I tried to time it right with the flashing signal, may not be at the brightest time tho. As you can see very bright amber light just like the bulbs were not chrome!

Seem to be very pleased so far, hope they last a while. Time will tell. Ohh, andI got them for the front but only posted the rear, you get the idea. Just thought if anyone was interested in them, this is how they look!

Old 02-01-2008, 03:32 PM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Chrome stealth bulbs (pics)

Thanksfor taking thechance and posting the results Creepshow - added them to my wish-list for wwhen I get the clear lenses.

Steve

Old 02-01-2008, 03:33 PM
molsen
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They worked great. I do not have them for my current ride, but on the old RK I had clear bullet lenses and they looked slick. Could easliy see at night and during the day.

Old 02-01-2008, 05:07 PM
CREEPSHOW
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: RangeRat

Thanksfor taking thechance and posting the results Creepshow - added them to my wish-list for wwhen I get the clear lenses.

Steve
No problem, I think you will like them, but shop around.....

Old 02-01-2008, 05:08 PM
G$
Road Captain
Location: LexVegas, KY...home of fast wimmen & beautiful horses

u shuda got the silverstar 1156 & 1157's (i found em at autozone fer $20/set)....much brighter and same look u want by eliminatin da yella.

P.S. if ur runnin a clear or smoke tail lens: DO NOT bother buyin the chrome coated 3157 RED bulb for ur brake light. It's junk. Drop da dime and get the full L.E.D. set up. I made dat mistake

Old 02-01-2008, 07:21 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I installed the sliverstars on my truck. $9 bucks for 1 set and they are sweet. Very bright and nice look. Going to switch out on bike when i get home.

Old 02-02-2008, 04:09 AM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: captjon37

I installed the sliverstars on my truck. $9 bucks for 1 set and they are sweet. Very bright and nice look. Going to switch out on bike when i get home.
That's a great price captjon37. Where'd you find them?

Old 02-02-2008, 06:05 AM
sewerat
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey creepy I had those bulbs on my F150 with the clear front turn signals and they work great, never had them blow and yes look good when turned off.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:30 AM
ImGlideN
Intermediate

Looks like a big improvement. Where can a guy get a good deal on these?

Old 02-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Wes10RG
Tourer

I use these on my Chrysler 300 SRT8, perhaps a bit pricey but lifetime warranty and Aaron provides great customer service. Never thought about using them on my Road Glide but it's a great idea with the smoked tail light lens covers. Thanks for the idea. I am in no way connected withthis company other than have ordered some products from them for my car and have consistantly received excellent customer service. I sent them an email to see if the bulbs would hold up to the vibrations of a Harley.

http://www.stealthauto.com/Departmen...lth-Bulbs.aspx

Quick Reply: Chrome stealth bulbs (pics)