Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Word of advise

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 01:15 PM
rick180
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Word of advise

Well, the good thing ( if there is one) is, I am going to be ready when the best riding is here.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

Thaks for the advice. Good luck to you!

Old 02-01-2008, 03:08 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for sharing Rick... Heal quick!

Best wishes to the rest of you that have been affected in one way or another. I can only imagine that it's a matter of time for me now too. I do try to take better care of what I have left and you guys inspire me to be more vigilent.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:12 PM
texan321
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems as we grow older - we pay of all the stupid stuff we did as kids.....live and learn - but if some one had told me back then about sun screen - wouldn't have used it............what me? get skin cancer? no way - and off I would go.............

Old 02-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Seal Guy Ken
Cruiser

I hear you loud and clear.... the HARD way. I had 2 lesions removed last summer. 1 on the side of my nose and one on my shin.
Lubriderm with Sunblock 45 now! Probably too much sun tanning when I was a kid and too much golf as an adult... but I won't leave home without it now. We love the sun... but at our age (45)... we must also respect the consequences.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:52 PM
cirhere2
Road Captain

wow guys I feel stupid I never really thought about it until now thanks alot

I will be using the sunblock from now on

Sorry for all your pain guys

Old 02-01-2008, 07:54 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great advice!!

Old 02-01-2008, 08:08 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heal quick and some good advice.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Andy Engemann
Tourer

I am one of those fair skinned types who has always managed to get a sunburn. I grew up in Florida and had bad sunburns as a kid. My dermatologist tells me now that the last 3 years of checkups have been the price I paid for all those sunburns. After finding a skin cancer on the back of my hand, I had to have two excisionsto get rid of it. I have had numerous precancerous spots frozen. All in all....I was very lucky!

For those interested,I have finally found the best product for sun protection. Of all things it is made by Coppertone. Try picking up a bottle of Coppertone Sport.It is a blue plastic bottle with a pump type spray on top.It costs about $9 a bottle (Walgreen's) and one bottle lasts me all summer. Much cheaper than dermatologist visits!! This stuff is waterproof and sweatproof. Mist your face, ears, neck,arms and hands with the stuff before sun exposure. It feels a little sticky when first applied, but that goes away in a few minutes. I used to always burn even withother types ofsunscreen. Since I foundCoppertone Sport, I have not been burned even after riding all day longunder a blazing hot sun. It is without a doubt the best stuff I have ever found.

I used to limit my sun exposure to an hour or so early inthe riding season. Now I don't have to worry about it at all.

If you are prone to sunburns...you gotta try this stuff! It works extremely well for me!

Before anyone asks.....I will not profit fromthe sale of Coppertone products!

: )

Andy

Old 02-01-2008, 08:23 PM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The joke with the group I ride with used to be that we would quit riding when my nose fell off, because it would get sodark. I too have gotten wiser in my old age and started using sunscreen.

Quick Reply: Word of advise