Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hog Tunes or J&M Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 03:44 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Hog Tunes or J&M Speakers

I have had both and had problems with the J&M. Two times I had speakers start to rattle and both were with in a month of getting the speakers. J&M gave me the run around made me send them back on my own dime each time so the could look at them. Each time they said the same thing "we have not had problems before" I know they did because one was mine.

I have hogtunes now and they same very close to each other but Pez has customer service far superior to J&M. I had a little problem with my hog tune amp and Pez sent me a new one along with a shipping lable to return the old one.

My biggest bithc with J&M was my speakers were literally brand new and I was leaving on a 2 week trip and John would not step up to the plate. I ended up returning them and they did refund my money. I figured if I was going to have to replace them every couple of months the shipping was going to end up costing more than the speakers.

This was a couple of years ago so maybe J&M has improved. I will still stick with Pez.

Old 02-01-2008, 04:21 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: cwilks

I got a pair of JBL's and a pair of Hogtunes....both 2 ohms...which ones ya want????
Ditto on that. Gonna give the Infinity a try now.

Old 02-01-2008, 04:39 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mtclassic

I have had both and had problems with the J&M. Two times I had speakers start to rattle and both were with in a month of getting the speakers. J&M gave me the run around made me send them back on my own dime each time so the could look at them. Each time they said the same thing "we have not had problems before" I know they did because one was mine.

My biggest bithc with J&M was my speakers were literally brand new and I was leaving on a 2 week trip and John would not step up to the plate. I ended up returning them and they did refund my money. I figured if I was going to have to replace them every couple of months the shipping was going to end up costing more than the speakers.
That's very interesting. I bought a pair of the HCUS-06GT speakers on May 9th of last year and mine started to rattle a couple weeks later. I changed mine out because shipping them back to the US from Canada was a pain, and posted myfiniding about the speakers here on HDF. A couple days later John from J&M chimed in that he has had no such problems. Obviously from your report above,it wasn't an isolated case. Perhaps John will refund my money on Order Number 195151. I'll be happy to ship the speakers back to J&M cause their still sitting in the box. Feel free to chime in on this one John.

Old 02-02-2008, 04:05 PM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Don't forget the Sony Xplosions they are a great speaker also.

Old 02-02-2008, 04:51 PM
valleyrider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Hog Tunes and they are a great improvement over stock.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:10 PM
ltdan
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the JM's in my Streetglide now, big improvement over stock. Wanted more though, got Hogtunes speakers and amp, just haven't put them in (too cold in the garage).

I'm gonna ebay the JM's, they sound great and are a couple months old. PM me if interested in them.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:03 AM
malmax
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just installed HOGTUNES ultra system. Incredible sound. Looking at the magnet on the stock speakers, this wouldn't even qualify as a refridgerator magnet. Go with HOGTUNES.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:10 AM
harleykris
Tourer

I've got the Hogtunes and the JM's. Both made an improvement but really not all that much. I'll sell you the JM's if you're interested.
[IMG] [/IMG]

Old 03-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Doolz
Intermediate

Like the other post said, most anything will be better than stock,but my choice was Hogtunes .They work well for me

Old 03-29-2008, 11:34 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Another vote here for Hogtunes.

Even if the speakers were equal, I would go with Hogtunes just for the excellent customer service from Pez. He is a really stand up guy willing to do whatever it takes to help a customer out.

Quick Reply: Hog Tunes or J&M Speakers