Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pc111

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 02:57 PM
n.o.yat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pc111

why do you need a pc111 or fuel pk? i am using rush slions now and will be up grading to rinehart true duels soon will i need either one of those.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:07 PM
mvinc01
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: pc111

Hello n.o. and welcome to the fourms. You are OK with the slip ons up to 2" baffle and no AC or fuel management system (PCIII, SERT, TMAT, etc.)

If you go to TD's you are probably gonna want to upgrade your AC to take advantage of the new exhaust, and the money you spent for it. If you do that, you are going to have to add a fuel management sys to deliver the correct amount of fuel, otherwise you are going to run extremely lean.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:27 PM
n.o.yat
Cruiser

ok but what is the best and easiest system to use and thak you for the welcome . this is my first harley and i love it.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:32 PM
Mr. Clean
Cruiser

If the only change you make are slip ons youdo not need a PC III, Fuel Pak or any other fuel adjuster. However, the only thing that will change is that your exhaust will be louder.

If you want to get a performance increase from your exhaust, you need to add a better breathing air cleaner and that will require a PC III, a Fuel Pak or some other fuel adjusing device.

I have no experience with true duals. Do they have the bungs for the O2 sensors? If so, than you probably do not need a fuel adjuster. If the true duals do not provide for the O2 sensors, then I think you might need a fuel adjuster, but I am sure someone else will chime in with the answer.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:53 PM
mvinc01
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

n.o..... Maybe we should start by finding out what year and model you have. I checked your profile and see you have an '08 FLHX. Nice bike.

The stuff for '08 is still on the limited side, but the exhaust andfuel managementcompanies are increasing their maps and products daily. Your RHTD's should have the o2 bungs installed. However, even with them, the stock ECM and sensors are narrow band and can not handle the adjustments you will need for your TD setup. You still need a fm system. All this is still predicated on you picking up a high flow AC too. Otherwise like stated earlier, all you got is sound for your big $$.

My recomendations are...

Do the whole stage 1 at one time. This includes your RHTD's, a high flow AC of your choice, and a FM system of your choice.

As for ease, I highly recomend you check out the PCIII, IF that is where you are going to stop for now. If you plan on internal engine work not too far down the line, then I would think you would probably be interrested in going with a SERT or TMAT unit. These will greatly increase your up front cost, but will be able to better handle major builds, therefore reducing your back end cost.

Call Jaime at FuelMotoUSA.com and he is extremely helpfull in answering your questions. There is also enough info on this topic here in the forums to last you about 10years worth of reading, via the search engine.

There are also some incredibly knowledgable people on here...iclick, philm,&dalton, just to mention a few, plus many others. You can look them up and read their old posts on these subjects too.

See my sig. I just did that stage 1 about three weeks ago, and love it. Below is a link to a PCIII writeup that also has my review in it. I also posted links to a tutorial that I did on the prep and install on the below thread.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2718624/tm.htm

Old 01-31-2008, 03:55 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Hello n.o.yat, I'm 70 mi. north in BR. True Duals will hurt your low-end performance, but if you decide on them consider ordering from Fuel Moto, as he'll give you a package deal with PCIII and a map specific to your application. Search this forum for Fuel Moto and you'll get plenty of positive feedback.

OTOH, if you want better performance at a low price, consider buying Fuel Moto's custom baffles for the Rush mufflers ($99), which come with a map for that setup. If you don't have an AC (SE, K&N, Ness, etc.), order one of those too. You'll be amazed at the performance you'll get, which is equal or close to that of a 2-into-1.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:52 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why would anyone want a PC? The unit is designed on alpha-n technology that was outdated in automobiles 20 years ago. They useONE standard fuel and timing table. Last I checked your bike was a big TWIN. Use the race tuner and maximize output and use your entire fuel injection system the was it was designed to work. Nottaking technology away. It would be like buying a new 2008 Corvette and having a cassette player installed. Old technology.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:36 PM
dcfatboy
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

The PC III USB can accommodate both fuel and timing tables for each cylinder.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:36 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gutman

Why would anyone want a PC? The unit is designed on alpha-n technology that was outdated in automobiles 20 years ago. They useONE standard fuel and timing table. Last I checked your bike was a big TWIN. Use the race tuner and maximize output and use your entire fuel injection system the was it was designed to work. Nottaking technology away. It would be like buying a new 2008 Corvette and having a cassette player installed. Old technology.
I would want a PC, although I don't denigrate other methods of EFI control. The PCIII works well when a proper map is used, and the process by which it works doesn't need to be bleeding-edge technology to implement. Basically all it does is intercept the signals from the ECM and modify them according to the desired results. It is simple yet effective, and the price is right. Complex is not always better.

You should get your facts straight before attacking a product as popular as the PCIII. In advanced mode the PCIII uses two A/F and two ignition-advance tables, one for each cylinder, not one. Yes, SERT has more adjustments that can be made, like changing the settings on closed-loop mode from 14.7 to 14.2, which is useful, but SERT has its disadvantages. First, it works on one bike, so if you buy another vehicle you must buy another SERT. HD does post canned maps, but mostly or entirely those containing HD hardware, so maps are thus limited. The solution is a dyno tune, which costs more money, and to get riding with SERT you likely will be out hundreds more than with a PCIII with a good canned map, which are much more readily available than SERT. Narrow-band closed-loop mode won't improve performance, as it is not working above about 50% TP and 2850 RPM's, so the PCIII's open-loop operation provides little fodder for argument against it from a performance perspective.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:37 PM
dcfatboy
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: n.o.yat
i am using rush slions now and will be up grading to rinehart true duels soon will i need either one of those.
The 2.0" baffle is the preferred size for a true dual setup.

The dyno chart in my sig is with Bassani Power Curve and Rush mufflers with 2.5" baffles. I have since installed the 2.0" baffles and I do notice a big difference. I will probably have a new dyno run/tune with these baffles in the next 3 weeks.

Quick Reply: pc111