Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of trading in the Night Train.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 12:02 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thinking of trading in the Night Train.

I have been tossing this thought around for some time now. I know someday I will ride an Electric Glide Classic. The wife & I ride together the majority of the time and we look forward to taking longer trips on one. My Pops and Bro have them but I haven't driven one yet. What steered you to getting yours? Last summer we put several hundred miles on them together and now I am itching to trade mine in. What could I expect out of the NT for a trade in? It is paid off so that helps. Any info is appreciated.

Old 01-17-2006, 12:28 AM
wild1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thinking of trading in the Night Train.

I have an ultra and can say that once you have a touring bike with everything it is hard to settle for anything else. Went from a kawasaki touring bike to this one as I have always wanted a harley, like the riding position of them and everything else that came with it.

Old 01-17-2006, 12:38 AM
jjsanta
Tourer

I just sold my 2000 Night Train. I'm picking up a new Street Glide this weekend. I just grew out of the Softail - it's great for looking cool while cruising down Main Street - But I've been spending more time in saddle and doing longer trips, so I want the comfort and weather protection of a bagger. It's all about the type of riding you want to do....

By the way, you will get much more selling the bike yourself versus trading in to a dealer.

Old 01-17-2006, 12:40 AM
jjsanta
Tourer

Sorry, I forgot to add the most important part: I had 12,000 miles on the bike and it was in excellent condition - I sold it for $11,500. Dealer was taking about $9000.

Old 01-17-2006, 01:17 AM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,010 Likes on 544 Posts

I've never seen or heard of anyone trading down from a bagger. The more you ride one the more you love them. I've always had a touring machine, from my 58 FL to the 71 FLH. I've rode with my friends to Vegas and Laughlin, 300 to 500 mile trips. Those of us with the baggers are still fresh and relaxed when we arrive, the others look like 90 year old men, trying to walk. Oh, did I mention that my wife would KILL me if I got rid of the Ultra...LOL. I ride the Ultra for the creature comforts and its designed to ride in style for long distances. The SG is a great way to get into the bagger rides...but be warned there might be an Ultra in your future.

Old 01-17-2006, 01:46 AM
Danester
Road Master

My choice was easy - - I rode a 2001 1200 Custom Sportster for 3.5 yrs (16,275 miles on it before I traded up)..it was time for some serious touring and comfort! (not an ultra - but same ride minus all the perks!)

Old 01-17-2006, 05:44 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the replies. Yeah we like to be comfortable. The wife has been sold on a bagger since seeing the Ultra's seat. I also like the protection from the elements and also the storage room. I could easily see myself taking trips from NC to Indiana. I almost took the NT but decided against it. Looks like I will try to sell my bike outright to get the best deal. Thanks again.

Old 01-17-2006, 07:13 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i had my sporty and my brother has a glide, we stopped at a light and he reached for his cigarette lighter and lit his cigar, i was sold had to have a cigarette lighter and a radio!

Old 01-17-2006, 11:25 AM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LUXURY...Enough Said!

Old 01-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Sreynold1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a 1990 Sportster, had all kinds of equipment (windshield, bags, corbin seat, sport bob tank, etc.) to make it a more comfortable ride. Rode it for 15 years. Sold it and bought an EG Classic this past fall. The only thing that comes to my mind about the whole transaction is....WHY THE HELL DID I WAIT SO LONG!!! You will never be sorry that you made the move to a big comfy bagger.

Quick Reply: Thinking of trading in the Night Train.