Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BUB #7 vs. Vance and Hines Oval Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 11:48 AM
HarleyNewbie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUB #7 vs. Vance and Hines Oval Pipes

Alright guys. I'm bouncing back and forth now on which pipes I want to put on the SG. I thought I was going to go with the VH ovals but now the BUB #7 have caught my eye. Any comparisons would be greatly appreciated. I know that they are both high quality pipes. I guess I'm looking for thoughts on sound.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:56 AM
rome304
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BUB #7 vs. Vance and Hines Oval Pipes

dont know much about bub's but the ovals worked out great for me not too loud until you crank it still look brand new no bluing.

[IMG]local://upfiles/22213/55F888BEC5364F96981C68510EFAD19F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-30-2008, 12:29 PM
molsen
Road Master

Are you looking for slip ons or a complete exhaust system? Bub will be louder, but I like V&H ovals myself with true dual pipes. I had Reinharts on a older bike and loved them. I did the V&H now, not sure on Bub7, but should be close to RHTD in terms of loudness and performance.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:53 PM
HarleyNewbie
Cruiser

Kind of up in the air on if I want slip ons or full system. Like I said, I originally and probably will go with the VH Ovals but the BUB #7 caught my eye. No pressure or anything, I only need to make the decision in 4 hours[:-]!!!!!!

Old 01-30-2008, 01:32 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the ovals on true duals. They are loud but not obnoxious.

I have heard good things about the Bub pipes especially for power. I don't know about the sound.

I really like the look of the ovals. As you already know, they are very well made.

Ince the Bubs are a new item, I don't think you'll find a lot of people have them yet.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14366/8BF76068BBDA434384BF72E0C28EE8A0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14366/CFDCFF735D4C44B492EA2CFEBCA5D9DF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-30-2008, 02:34 PM
heywood727
Road Master

4 Hours huh?? Go with the Bub 7's. They are more expensive, but what I've heard, they have a stepped design to them now. Better performance than the V&H in TD form anyhow.They've fixed some past issues with the bracket and seem really well built. They also come equipped with the dual O2 bungs for the new bikes.

Search around a bit. I asked my Indy , who never turned me wrong, about this for the RG when it comes in. He knows that I'm getting them from HD so it's not a " More money in his pocket" thing.

Comes down to personal preference. I've seen and heard the V&H's and the Rinehart TD's. I expect that the Bub 7's shouldn't be too far off the Rinehart's ( which I really like). Both are up to what sounds good to you. My other big concern was as I may, or may not, play with some engine mods, which pipe will take me further. I don't want to build it up later and end up having to get another pipe to get the advantages of a build.He said if I wanted to say in a TD format, the Bub 7's were the way to go.

Up to you. Just my 0.02

Old 01-30-2008, 02:52 PM
HarleyNewbie
Cruiser

Yes, at 5:30 I go to pick out all the goodies for my new 08 SG. I'm not planning on doing any mods to the engine. Just want good quality pipes with good sound. I was first going to go with Rineharts but everyone here has them on their bike. I want to be a little original and I also want quality. That's what turned me towards the VH Ovals. Then I checked out the BUB #7 and I liked the look of those as well. So you are saying if I'm not planning on doing any engine mods the BUB's are the way to go? Or are you saying the opposite?

Old 01-30-2008, 04:36 PM
nedster
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

well it is 5:35 guess I am too late, just ride the bike as stock and take your time looking around. Listen to other bikes going down the road, only you know what sounds/looks good to you.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:28 PM
LTDDD
Advanced

I have the TD Bub 7s on my 08 ultra classic. It has been said by many on this forumsound is a personal preference. The Bubs have a deeper sound than the Reinharts and are not as loud (8dbs less). The Bubs are great pipes but it is all about your preferences.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:30 PM
heywood727
Road Master

Sorry I'm late..lol

Both. They'll work for stock and give you some wiggle room if you beef up. I think the V&H's will do the same, but it was the stepped system and having the ability to go large I was thinking. For me, it's the tone, look, expandability,and quality. Personal preference.

Quick Reply: BUB #7 vs. Vance and Hines Oval Pipes